Cane Creek 10 Zero Stack Headset

10 Zero Stack

The 10-Series (formerly the S1) has the look and feel of Cane Creek's class-leading 40-Series headsets with simpler machining and more economical materials.

RonSonic   Cross Country Rider [Apr 29, 2016]

Economical, easy to install, smooth and so far rugged. Parts like bearings interchange with the fancy ones and the Cane Creek Headset finder website made ordering the right one easy and perfect.

It isn't quite as pretty or light as the fancy models by a couple of grams.

When I went to upgrade the fork on my mountain bike I needed a new headset. Being old and replacing forks maybe once every 5-10 years I wasn't sure exactly what I needed. This was complicated by my bike having a tapered head tube and the original fork having an adapter headset with a 1-1/8" steerer. In searching around the web I found the Cane Creek Headset Finder web page, looked up my bike and my fork and boom they gave me all the info I needed. Not just their part numbers but industry standard numbers I could find others with. Here's the thing, they were not only the most helpful supplier, their headset was the best deal.

Installation was a breeze, everything snapped into place and fit like it belonged. No pounding, grinding or swearing. Everything adjusted up perfectly and smoothly and didn't even need readjusted after the first ride like most headset installs.

I have less than 100 miles of trail riding on this but it's been perfect and smooth.