Weyless 2014-AL XC Riser Bar Handlebar

2014-AL XC Riser Bar

PaulM   Weekend Warrior [Feb 14, 2005]
Strength:

price, weight, bend, length, quality

2014 Al not quite as good as 7075

This is a good handlebar at a fantastic price. Usually low-cost bars have a quirk, too short, heavy, or strange bend.
These bars have none, they are plenty long at 620mm, reasonable light at 230g (35mm rise), and have a comfortable bend. Supergo is apparently dumping the Weyless name this year so they are blowing them out, they are selling the same bar with their own name for more than twice the price. This bar is exactly like the old Performance XC220 bar in finish, bend, and rise but is about an inch longer. I highly recommend this handlebar for someone who is more into performance and value than name brands for their handlebars.

Similar Products Used: Performance XC220, Sun-Ringle riser bar
Patrick   Cross Country Rider [Jan 17, 2005]
Strength:

Light, strong, comfortable.

None noted.

I got the XC35r. Its a really nice handlebar. I wanted something a little taller than my stock bar to account for the lack of a rise in my new stem, so I got this for $10 at the nearby Supergo. Its lighter than the stock 6066 Aluminum bar that my bike came with, and now that I'm used to it I like the way that the bar slopes down outward at the grips. Helps take some more pressure off the outer palms, along with Specialized's Body Geometry grips and gloves.

Hard not to give it a top rating when its only $10!

Similar Products Used: Specialized, Bontrager
Stenchy   Cross Country Rider [Jun 24, 2002]
Strength:

Light weight, inexpensive and fairly strong. I crashed into a tree going pretty fast and it took the brunt of the collision without a scratch or bend. Cool looking too.

Not many thus far. It creeks alittle when I stand and power up hills.

A good, light weight handlebar fo those who do not want to spend 60 to 100 bucks on some top of the line job that really does not do a hell of alot more than look cool.