Truvativ Team Carbon Riserbar Handlebar

Team Carbon Riserbar

• Pressure cured, high density carbon fiber
  • Center section extends through bends
  • Aluminum end caps for clamp-on grips and crash prtoection
  • 5-degree upsweep / 8-degree backsweep
  • 660 width / 25mm rise
  • 25.4mm clamp diameter

Gerald Badoz   Weekend Warrior [Jul 10, 2007]
Strength:

Weight, looks, and end cap protectors.

I can't say first hand, but seems there is a greneral consensus about strength/longevity... I'll have to write another review after a few months of riding.

I like this bar. I've gotten mad compliments on it. I have not experienced any failures. Its comfortable, light weight, looks great, and its made out of carbon fiber; what else can one say!!!

My riding style though is not as extreme as most riders on here I would assume, so I think this bar will last me a while...

I'll give it 5 flamin' chilis for now, since I get made props on it...

Similar Products Used: non-carbon fiber.
Brian   Cross Country Rider [Jun 22, 2007]
Strength:

Lightweight, big deal right, its a freakin carbon bar

Crap busted

Alright I was drunk one night bar hopping on my mountain bike. At least I'm being honest here. Anyway I ate it and snapped the bar off just above the aluminum endcap. It wasn't on pavement either, I was 30 yards form the nearest pavement when it happened. Point is I got this bar because it had slightly more rise than my monkey lite, which I have thrashed on the trail for over two years with no problems. Yes I no that drunken crashes are not built into the design of the bar, but it can't have been that bad because nothing hurt on me the next day.
Bottom line: I think the Easton bar is higher quality or just a better design.

Similar Products Used: Easton monkey lite
Jones   Cross Country Rider [Apr 19, 2007]
Strength:

Very lightweight and beautiful handlebar

The length of the handle bar is too long and makes for sluggish handling. I took a slight fall and the joint where the end caps were snapped entirely off, expected of carbon, the weave started to come off, had to throw the thing away

Go for titanium if you fall alot. Its a good bar and I enjoyed it while it lasted but the strength was a dissapointment.

David Hampton   Cross Country Rider [Apr 17, 2006]
Strength:

Light, End Protectors

Have been using Carbon Bars for years. Really like the end cap protectors.