Titec Pluto Carbon Riser Handlebar

Pluto Carbon Riser

Material: Carbon Fiber
Width: 640 / 660 / 690 mm
Clamp Diameter: 31.8 mm
Rise and Bend: 1" / 1.5" / 2.0" rise with 9 degree backsweep by 5 degree up-sweep
Weight: 160 / 185 / 205 g

Justcruizing   Downhiller [Dec 05, 2011]
Strength:

Stronger than you think. Light, stiff and absorbent, trail bars and cross country

Not wide enough

Although these are to be replaced with a wider Easton Havon Carbon, I needed to place on record how impressed I'm with this bar. Three years and two bikes later this bar held up better than my Fox steerer tube, yes after a good friend of mine decided to take a different loop and ended up stopping in front of me at a 3 foot jump I ended up nose diving my then GT Force 1 into the ground. After I collected all the pieces I noticed the steerer on my fox 140 float had snapped clean and not the bar just below the stem area the bars were still very much in tact. $200.00 later for a new crown assembly but still intact myself I can only praise this bar. I swore that I'd only ride Easton but these survived a massive impact so much so that a Fox steerer tube went first.

Similar Products Used: Easton monkey light SL, Easton Havoc Carbon
ss85   Cross Country Rider [Jun 13, 2010]
Strength:

lightweight, aluminum inserts, sweep, strength

none so far

It's light, it's strong (I have crashed the hell out of these bars, hit trees, etc). Titec seems to really make good components for a price that's less than other brands. I have the pluto stem as well and am very happy with both.

Similar Products Used: other handlebars
pedalitup   Cross Country Rider [Aug 23, 2008]
Strength:

Its beautifully finihed, light, stiff and the bend is perfect for my needs

This bar is nice and stiff. I cut out the inserts as I don't use bar ends. Grips seem to stay in place better on this glossy finish than on the matte finish of the other carbon bars. I recommend it.

Similar Products Used: Easton and Answer carbon bars
Kevin   Cross Country Rider [Aug 26, 2007]
Strength:

Very Light Handlebar. Awesome carbon finish. Reasonable price.

I love this handlebar. I would recommend them to anyone.
Their finish is beautiful and the graphics are awesome and not over done like other carbon bars out there.

Similar Products Used: Titec Hell-Bent 6061 Bronze
X-Monkey   Cross Country Rider [Mar 25, 2006]
Strength:

Strength to weight. 31.8 mm looks cool. I was told that the aluminum inserts offer more durability.

Not cheap. You get what you pay for I guess.

Paired up the Carbon bar with an Aluminum Titec stem. Stiff and comfortable. I think Titec's bars have a bit more sweep to them. Always found them a little more comfy the the others.

Similar Products Used: Easton, Tru Vativ
GNUU   Cross Country Rider [Mar 23, 2006]
Strength:

Lightweight and great graphics. The two times I called Titec for torx specs they were very helpful and nice.

Not a one!!

Bottom line, customer service is everything to me. I have used Titec products for years now. The bar comes with a great warranty which I highly doubt will be needed. Its lightweight yet durable. I use their alum Hellbent bar on my Heckler and its every bit as nice. One point, I had a problem with Easton in the past when it came to a warranty and they NEVER helped me out. Carbon is a tricky part and a company should stand behind its product. I have every bit of confidence Titec will be there for me if I should ever have problems.

Similar Products Used: Easton Monkey Light (worst customer service ever)
Aaron   Weekend Warrior [Mar 05, 2007]
Strength:

Love the stiffness of the 31.8 clamp. Sweep, bend, and rise feel perfect. Reinforced clamping areas are a nice touch. Great "carbon" bar feel...stiff yet has dampening qualities.

hmm...I guess the fact that none of my end plugs will fit in the bar due to the aluminum reinforcement.

After spending the last few years on an Aluminum Riser, I was instantly reminded of why I love carbon bars. My hands have yet to go numb riding these bars!!!! Perfect bend, rise (2" rise model), ans sweep. Just plain comfortable. I love the new 31.8 clamp standard. The steering precision is fantastic. Best bar I've owned!

Similar Products Used: Easton Monkey Lite Hi Rise, IRD Pro Rise Carbon, Easton EA 70 Riser