Titec Hell-Bent Hellion XC TI Handlebar

Hell-Bent Hellion XC TI

The ultimate XC riser bar! It’s the same cool 1” climbing-friendly rise and classic Hell-Bent sweep as our wildly popular Hell-Bent XC bar, taken to a new technological level!
The ultralight butted 3/2.5 titanium delivers an unmatched strength/weight ratio, near-infinite fatigue life, and hand-saving vibration damping.

• Material: Butted Aerospace Grade 3 AL/2.5V Titanium
  • Width: 640 mm (25.2") Wide
  • Bend & Rise: 1" Riser Bar with 9 degree Back-Sweep by 5 degree Up-Sweep
  • Colors: Natural Ti Finish w/ Titec Logos

• User Reviews (5)

Steve   Cross Country Rider [Oct 25, 2003]
    Strength:

Ti is its strength! 9 degree sweepback is forgiving on the wrist. And the decals look fine to me....who really cares anyhow as long as the product kicks ass.

The warning you get when purchasing Ti bars...you know about scrathing them and causing the bar to weaken in that area. Has worried me little. Would not of paid retail price for them....wait a minute...I wouldn't pay retail price for any product on my bike.

The 118 has really been a race bar of choice because of the position it puts me on my rig along with the weight savings, though after the racing season is over, Hellions are immediately back on for trail riding. And they are always on my spare bike when not on the Superlight! They get abused trust me.

Similar Products Used: Titec 118, Monkeylite
    Steve   Cross Country Rider [Jul 18, 2001]
    Strength:

The width opens up your arms and chest for better breathing in the mountain air. The Ti takes more abuse off of your arms. The angle of the sweep is easy on the wrists.

A little pricey.
    Heavier than an equal length aluminum bar.

This is a great bar if you need a bar to soak up trail some of the abuse. It is a heavier than an equivalent aluminum bar, one of the trade-offs. It is wider than most Ti bars being sold which attributes to some additional weight. I had previously thought of trimming an inch or two off the ends but after riding it for a few weeks, decided against it. The straight bars were putting to much stress on my wrists so I opted for a bar with more sweep angle. This one is @ 9 degrees which works well for me. It only rises an inch so you still have a considerable amount of weight being destributed on the front wheel for climbing and descending. I did not buy it because I was looking for a riser bar. I also went with a Airborne Ti 120mm stem that puts me back into an 'attack' position because of a 5 degree rise. I was more interested in comfort on the trail instead of the few ounces difference that a harsh aluminum bar would have afforded. And as I don't race, the extra weight is a mute point. Hope this helps anybody interested in this product. I purchased it sight unseen after speaking with a rep from Titec as to my wants & needs. He was right on the money for what I was looking for. And the rep at Cambria was very helpful in ordering it for me as they didn't yet stock it. The list was I believe $149.95 so Cambria gave me a good price on it @ $89. I'll have to ding it once on value because they would sell more of them if they were a little cheaper. But overall it's a 5. I would buy it again, if I had to replace it.

Similar Products Used: Titec Aluminum & PG Ti, Bontrager Race Lite, various others
    spinjunkie   [Aug 02, 2002]
    Strength:

Helps you rail the corners, shock-absorbing Ti

Weight compared to Monkey Lites, Wide (25.5"), ugly graphics

These bars are a nice upgrade over flats. Went with them thanks to the price, $65 at Jenson. Will probably cut them down a bit. Thought they'd cause the front end to chopper but really wasn't too bad. More comfortable wrist positions. Good bars over all.

Similar Products Used: flat bars
    Brian Nicholson   Cross Country Rider [Aug 13, 2002]
    Strength:

Great shape, Shock absorption, Strong

I broke a couple of monkey lights and swore off carbon bars. This Titec has a better bend for me. Feels allot stronger but still takes some edge off bumps. I think its one of the best bars available. Its looks are sedate, the graphics are barley visible, it just looks like a nice sweet hunk of TI!!

Similar Products Used: Easton Monkey Light low (snapped), Easton Monkey Light High (snapped)
    edouble   Cross Country Rider [May 24, 2004]
    Strength:

shock absorbing properties and width, will probably never break.

shape is good but not the best imho.

nice bar,absorbs shock and has decent (25in) width. i like the azonic cf-1's shape better but this one is still pretty good. buy it if you can get it at a good price.