Titec C3 1.5 Handlebar

The C3 1.5 handlebar is the ultimate all around XC performer. Incredibly light at just 170g, it features an 1.5" rise with our classic 9º back-sweep and 5º up-sweep. It's 660mm (26") width provides unmatched control, and the oversized 31.8mm diamater dramatically increases steering precision and stiffness, without increased weight.

Bianchi Buddy   Cross Country Rider [Jun 07, 2005]
Strength:

Very light, OS mount, very stiff, dampens vibrations on washboard very well, nice width

PRICE!!! 1.5" rise seems kinda shallow compared to alloy 1.5" riser bars

Very nice bar, I have the 2005 version called Pluto. It is light, stiff, cuts out some vibes, works very well but price is kinda steep!

Similar Products Used: Easton Monkey lite, Easton Monkey bar, Titec Hell Bent, Bontrager Crow bar, Koski 1.5 Riser bar
OVERALL
danK   Cross Country Rider [Jul 26, 2004]
Strength:

Comfortable for my needs, light and wide (I like 660mm for trailriding), rise is perfect.

The 1.5 rise seems less than others, but I'm fine with it. Just want a little.

I didn't "need" this, at only 165 pounds, but I like exact/precise/stiff steering, and this does the job. Comfortable and from a good company (bar is made in Taiwan or China... the stem is from T or C, I forget). It's difficult to find a 660mm wide bar that weighs this little and with a shallower rise. It's pretty much an awesome bar for the xc racer.

As for the price. I got it for a screaming deal from an mtbr poster so I do not think I would pay full pop for it. $135 msrp?? I think mailorder must be about $110. Yikes. Makes Easton seem like a deal, but it's marketing and the new 1.5 hype; Giant is doing it to their highend xc bikes in 05, for what that's worth.

Similar Products Used: Everything.
OVERALL