Titec C3 1.0 Handlebar

Titec C3 1.0 Handlebar

The C3 1.0 is amazingly light at 145g, and offers a subtle 1" rise with our classic 9º back-sweep and 5º up-sweep. It's 640mm (25.2") width provides exceptional control, and the oversized 31.8mm diamater dramatically increases steering precision and stiffness, without increased weight.

[Oct 12, 2005]
shiny_car

Strength:

gorgeous finish; light and stiff; designed to accept bar-ends

long 630mm length may not suit everyone; oversize bar clamp area won't accept many clamp on accessories that are designed for 25.4mm bars

thought I'd give these a try; bought new off ebay, making them good value; oversize 31.8mm bar clamp section probably makes no real difference to me, but makes sense nonetheless, and something I'm accustomed to as a roadie (don't flame me!); awesome glossy finish over carbon fibre weave, but naff graphics; first time I've used such long bars and not convinced it suits me, so will compare with a shorter (Giant) 580mm CF bar; I'm quite short, at 5'4" and not broad shouldered, so my hands end up widely spaced and the turning arc ends up larger so slower; each to their own but I think I'll settle for the shorter bars; these suit bar-ends although take car not to overtighten as I partly cracked one end; matching Titec CF bar-ends compliment the look nicely!

Giant FB-CF10XL oversize carbon flat bar

[Apr 26, 2005]
llhank

Strength:

Extremely light yet amazingly stiff. The 31.8 size, used by me with the companion Titec RIP 3D stem, resists all twisting efforts. Plenty of width to install twist shifters, lock-on grips, and bar ends.

Absolutely none.

The quality defies the price. You won't be disappointed with this bar.

[Nov 08, 2004]
Ethan

Strength:

super light, stiff

I had Easton carbon bars but wanted to try a 31.8 combo, since that's what I have on my road bike. These are oversize bars and they are super-stiff. Also, this 1.0 bar only weighs 140g!! It is reasonably wide too. I used it with a Titec Rip stem and you can really feel the difference in stiffness. I would recommend a 31.8 setup to anyone. I can't see any downside since the bar is so light.

Easton, Ritchey, Race Face riser bars (some carbon)