Syntace Duraflite Handlebar

Duraflite

JoeFi   Cross Country Rider [Apr 16, 2015]
Strength:

Weight, feel and confidence in a 10 year warranty.

I purchase these after thinking titanium handlebars would be the best bet for my ti hardtail. After the ti handlebars snapped on a mild downhill, I investigated further. I bought the Duralite after reading and seeing their VR-3 testing machine in action. I'm very happy with my purchase. Even bought their P6 Carbon Seatpost. The bars are 640mm wide with and 8 degree sweep.

Similar Products Used: Easton Monkey Lite
billysan   Weekend Warrior [Jan 19, 2011]
Strength:

Light weight, looks, quality of carbon, shape, feel, weight!

The titanium mesh is only just below the laquer. One of the ends had a slight (<1mm) chip in this but it allows the mesh to start peeling up. Only noticed becasue it scratched my hand. A tiny blob of epoxy sorted it. Finish seems quite prone to showing little scratches too.

I came across these bars whilst searching for a flat bar, with a 25.4 clamp section, and a generous sweep. Not necessarily carbon. I was just about to buy a new one (from Germany as I could not find any UK dealers) when found my one on ebay for a bargain (price paid is GBP not USD).
Anyway about the bar. It looks fantastic, the quality of the carbon is better than any bike component Ive seen to date. The finish is matt, quite dull even, but it shows the weave superbly. I love it. It has a grainy clamp section to stop the need to overtighten the stem.
The main reason I wanted one of these as I said was the shape. I find 9 degree sweep to be perfect on my MTB, therefore I wanted to replicate this on my commuter bike as well as adding extra width. This bar is only 580mm wide compared to 680mm on the MTB (and something dumb like 480mm on the Brompton) might be too narrow for anything really technical.
In use on the brompton they feel really nice. The bike only has 16" wheels with Kojaks pumped up to 90/100psi so there is a lot of bar feedback. I may not have used them off road, but I do ride down a notoriously steep fast and potholed road to the train station every morning, some of my local singletrack is smoother! These damp the vibration really well compared to the nasty alloy bars the bike came with.
Lastly the weight, almost worryingly light to hold on their own. Mine weigh an almost unbelievable 119g.
All in, Im seriously impressed. Tempted to look at Syntace finishing kit for my MTB now too.

Similar Products Used: Truvativ Noir, Easton EC90, EA30, Some OE cannondale bar etc etc
Andreas Klauser   Cross Country Rider [Oct 08, 2001]
Strength:

Design, strength, stiffness, ergonomic bend, plastic inserts for use with bar ends.

Simply the best. Stiff, light, comfortable, endurable, a beauty.

Similar Products Used: bontrager, race face
Jason Vorell   Racer [Mar 24, 2001]
Strength:

The bar is shot peened for extra strength and weighs next to nothing. also is available in two good looking colors and has a very comfortable bend and length.

None so far, hard to find had to call 1-800-syntace to find dealer.

this bar can float like a butterfly and sting like a bee!

Similar Products Used: bontrager racelite, ttt
Bill   Racer [Aug 17, 2001]
Strength:

Lightweight, superb quality

Forget the rest. Get this. Two years of being thrashed at warp speed have not even come close to even scratching it. The finish is that good. Whatever your standard, you won't find anything that compares. It is also not expensive and has beaten the so-called competition hands-down for the last 4 years in bike magazine reviews in Germany.

And they should know about good quality!

Similar Products Used: Ritchey
Gilligan   cross-country rider [Jul 20, 1998]

This has really got to be the best handlebar that is out there. Just look at the crash test/durability tests. It surpassed Syncros and RaceFace by a long shot.
I got those bars after my cheap Modolo bar broke. Since then I have really tested it hard and it hasn't failed on me yet. Very good!

Evan Plews   Racer [Apr 08, 2005]
Strength:

Reasonably light and rigid. Very comfortable bend (9 degree) and width (600mm). Aluminum is nice for comfort.

A little heavier than some carbon stuff out their

Unmatched test results and comfort. Reasonable price. Great choice for riders who want performance not gimmicks.

Similar Products Used: Most everything.
Fret   Cross Country Rider [Dec 31, 2004]
Strength:

Very strong, normal weight for cross country, with 9° it gives you more control

None yet !

Very good handlebar ! Very strong, can also be used for rough work. I prefer this one in stead of other lighter carbon handlebars. Made in Germany !
(Andreas, what a silly review !! I think you can better buy your wife a bullbar !!)