Syncros Handlebar Handlebar

Syncros Handlebar Handlebar

Steel - Absorb this. Our state-of-art custom hard-drawn 7075T78 aerospace aluminum is heat-treated and stress-relieved to damp vibrations and absorb shocks on the bumpiest of grinds.

Titanium - The state of the art. Aircraft-certified T3Al2.5V titanium, hard-drawn and heat-treated to deliver optimal strength, fatigue resistance and shock absorpion. Goes down smoother than your tenth tequilla. 155g

[Aug 16, 2002]
ace

Strength:

lite...

bends

well it maybe lite...but being a flat bar...vibration absorbing does not replace a riserbar..
but that is my personal preferance so it should not affect my rating...

well it bends after a long time riding...but i can live with that...but just don't do any stupid jumps like some of those freaks below...

"my bar bent when i was jumping" of course it bent u idiot..

it's like "my Litespeed snapped after falling 30feet...it is waste of money so don't buy it"

don't be fooled by those and get this bar...because you are a cross country machine and so is your bike...

[Jan 04, 2000]
BigRing
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

strong/light

duh....?

I put the straight bar and Syncros stem on my RIGID Yeti. Believe me, it, (and me) take a beating. It is very rigid and strong. Anyone that takes a hit big enough to bottom out the fork should be glad the only thing busted was the handlebar. Get real, it is only EA70. The weight to strenght ratio is outstanding. This is a great product at a fair price and is one of lightest bars out there. Their service may stink but the products are good.

old heavy stuff

[Jul 16, 1999]
Dave

Strength:

Very Strong
Light
Good width and rise for my taste

Logos (too many and in the wrong places)

I bought the riser version because I enjoy riding and my hands were getting numb. These bars are strong and do not need the support bar (leave it off & save weight). The Syncros are great risers because for my taste, they are narrow and have less rise (angle) than other bars I have tried. They have improved my bikes downhill handling and don't hurt on climbs. I would recommend these to anyone moving from flat bars not wanting a huge difference in handling. Bars are a very personal decision - you should feel them before buying. The Syncros are a 5 star for me - I'll buy them again for my next bike.

Race Face Riser, Titec Enduro, Bontrager Crow Riser

[Jul 17, 1997]
aret
weekend warrior

It is truly the best. Light and strong.
No wonder its made in Canada.

[Mar 11, 2001]
ANdy

Strength:

What strengths?

The bends, oh the bends

I would only recomend these to someone who is extremly lite weight or rich

[Jan 05, 2001]
Mark Leblanc

Strength:

Sweet looking,gives that custom look to your ride.Light enough for me at 155grams.Titanium bar should last a while.

Other than price none.But hey you have to pay for quality

Well....some people say they break them,but they all mentioned pretty serious crashes. All handle bars will break under enough pressure.I raced a few Cross Country events, and even done some hard drops with no problems.I'm still looking to buy a Syncros seat post in the future.Stem and handle bar are great!

Easton taper wall.

[Oct 20, 2000]
Kelvin

Strength:

Wow, its really light and stiff! I was so shocked to find it that light. Makes the bike look trick.

The decals comes off and question durability after some years.

If your going to dirt jump or free ride with this, forget it - it'll break. Buy it for lightness and stiffness. I really question the durability factor, although the vender did tell me to replace it 3 years down the road for safty reasons. The Syncros bar is sold at good price ($53), try one out.

Raceface Air alloy (itsn't as light), Kore, and Zoom

[Jul 04, 2000]
swamp

Strength:

i have both the hardcore series and the pro series.i have only tested the hardcore series (in shotgun form,which is the straight version)i also have the 5 degree bend version.i recomend the bent version for the natural bend of the wrist;but i prefer the straight version (from many years of use and adjustment to.)the bar is stiff.

the hardcore seems theoretically impervious to breakage,i have landed like a 200lb gorilla sometimes and the bar survived.but i have not tried the pro series yet,but will do so this race season.from first impressions it seems a little thin(like a beer can near the ends),but i think this is there to there designing to put more material where it is needed.anyway i'll talk about it probably in september.

mr.good bar

titec ti bars

[Jun 21, 2000]
Rob Graef

Strength:

light weight, strong, short, small

none found yet, still looking though

I haven't had any problems with the strait bars, they r light weight and very strong. They have wroked well in races(wors series). They haven't failed at Bairds Creek. i've only put about 200 miles on these bars. The handle bars are short so the don't get caught up on trees.

If you are looking for a nice handle bar try these sycros....

[Dec 14, 1999]
derek
Cross-Country Rider

It works. My grips are always where I expect them to be. For three years! I've already bought a replacement. I'm just waiting for the old one to tell it's ready to retire, but it dosen't. It doesn't creak or moan, and there's no sign of corrosion. It's light too. What more do you want?