SQ Lab 3OX Handlebar

SQ Lab 3OX Handlebar

The 3OX Handlebar keeps these ergonomics in check and gives you more control during your ride with 12° and 16° backsweep, 4° upsweep either 15mm, 30mm or 45mm rises. The 3OX is stiff and light in either aluminum or carbon versions.

[Oct 03, 2017]
Osco

Strength:

More back sweep

I wanted to try more back sweep to help with an old wrist Injury. It helped tremendously.
My old Bar was 740mm wide, Carbon, 9 degree back sweep and 25mm rise
This SQ labs 30X 16 Is, 780 mm wide, aluminum, 16 degree back sweep and 35 mm rise.
The bar pitches forward out of the stem then back to keep your hands In about the same place but I think I will get
a stem that's 10 mm longer, not sure yet, currently using a 60 mm stem.
Handling Is a bit different at first but once In the flow I forgot about the bar completely, so It caused no Issues.
Descending felt fine, climbing was a little easier, cornering was much better, all this Is the extra width I am sure.
But the miles felt wonderful.
So far I don't miss the carbon but as I got this bar used from a guy that hated it for $50 I wont mind upgrading to the carbon version If I feel the need.
The extra back sweep puts my wrist In a more comfortable angle and brings In my elbows just a little, all this helped relax my upper body and we all know loose and relaxed is fast and saves energy that can be used elsewhere during the ride.

OVERALL