Simple Pleasures Gnar Bar Handlebar

• Anodized black & Laser Etched
  • USER REVIEWS

[Nov 18, 2009]
    Doc Roberts

Strength:

Amazing feel, leverage, and control. Great for climbing and cruising but you can really see what theyre made for when you're bombing DH runs.

Wouldnt hurt if they were a little wider for DH, but besides that I'm happy. Graphic is a lil cheesy but I usually keep things pretty plain.

Why has something like this taken so long to come to market??? After coaxing one of the SP Bicycles guys walking around Interbike with a huge pack full of bars to let me take a spin on the Specialized Team DH they were walking around with I was blown away (I originally didn't even care about the bars, just wanted to ride the bike... sorry SP Guy).
    I purchased a pair of these 2 weeks later as the rep wouldn’t sell at the show. I guess they were waiting on the stress test to finish. Best purchase I've made in a while. The comfort and functionality of these bars are unmatched. My hands and forearms do not get fatigued nearly as quick and I'm more confident in my grip which makes me more confident in my riding all around.
    Simply.... Ride these bars, you will not be disappointed.

Doc.

Easton - Havoc

OVERALL
    [Oct 20, 2009]
    541mob

Strength:

more control, more power, and a better "feel".

Took a couple adjustments to get the sweep just right.

One run through the "pump track" section of Tiddly-Winks and I new these bars were right for me. The Gnar Bar has a curve that fits into the palm of your hand very comfortably. The control I had pushing into corners and the extra leverage pulling out of them or up steep climbs was awesome. A set of these bars for my 29er single speed is my next purchase, that extra leverage for the climbs, and not having to hold on for dear life through the breaking bumps will be fantastic.

powerlite bmx bars.