Sette F - x2 Carbon Riser Handlebar Handlebar

Sette F - x2 Carbon Riser Handlebar Handlebar

The Sette F/X2 carbon riser takes strength & weight to new limits. Carbon fiber has been chosen because of its inherent shock absorption & vibration damping properties to make this an ultra light world class bar. 26" long, 1.25" rise, 8 deg sweep, 174g.

[Feb 21, 2009]
Adam Gabler

Strength:

Very comfortable feel, rigid but shock absorbing

Buy this product if you are looking to shave some weight without busting the wallet. I bought one 6 months ago to replace my stock bars.. I replaced my stem as well with the new dues xc and it feels like I shaved a full pound.

Easton EC 70

[Apr 03, 2007]
Willem Boom

Strength:

Very cool bar! VERY STRONG! Look great on my bike!!

None thus far!

GET THESE BARS! Great for the price!!!

Ritchey Bars, Bontrager, etc..

[Jun 25, 2005]
Glen Stiles

Strength:

Lightweight, nice ergo bend, excellent quality, easy on the wallet, vibration dampening qualities are excellent for the cross country rider.

Not for freeriding or downhilling, they would flex too much for that. A bit wide, I cut mine down to 25" and they are perfect now.

Great for my bontrager. The front of the bontrager is a little 'whippy' stock, and I needed to get a set of bars that would match the amplitude of the frame. It didn't make sense to have really rigid bars- the frame screams for something with some give, but lightweight. The carbon bars did the trick. It takes the edge off of some of the ripple bumps on local trails. At speed with my old easton alloy bar I would get a lot more chatter from the front end. Now with the sette carbon bar, the vibrations are quelled. The bike feels much more alive now- They feel great at speed. They flex in a vertical direction a teeny bit- so if you don't want any give, don't get these bars. If you need every bit of dampening help for a xc steel hardtail, look into this bar.

Easton bontrager bar, Answer hyperlite, specialized alloy bar, etc...

[Aug 16, 2006]
Dan

Strength:

Cheap

I weigh 220 and pound on these bars daily, endos and bottom out front shock and the bar is holding up perfectly.

easton, titec

[Jan 21, 2005]
julio garcia

Strength:

A light weight and really strong bar. You can feel the bars flex a bit and this dampens alot of the vibrition. I've taken some nice big hits with them and they've held up just fine. You can't beat the price of these bars. Especially when they only weigh 174grams. Great for cross country and freeriding.

At first i didn't like the bars flexing, but once i got over worrying about breaking them i was fine. It's not like they flex a whole lot, you just feel them a little bit. They're suppose to do that. And after you've been riding with them for a wail you just don't notice anymore. I haven't had any problems with these bars at all. I just wounldn't put them or any other carbon bars for that matter on a down hill bike.

This is a great carbon bar for your money. You can't beat a 174g bar for $50 bucks. Great for cross country and freeriding. I wouldn't put this carbon bar or any carbon bar on a downhill bike. I've had this bar for about a year now on my freeride bike. I've ridden Big Bear Summit with it and they've been great. Taken some nice jumps and drops with them, but they've all been smooth landings. I just wouldn't go and do a ten foot flat drop with them. Thats just looking for trouble.

Easton EC90 SL carbon flat bar.

[Dec 14, 2005]
Rob

Strength:

Very light and strong bar, the graphics also match my bike perfectly,(Grey,Black,Blue), just the right amount of flex!

Bottom line is, I think this is a great carbon bar, it's also a very low priced, high quality bar. Once my other easton bars get beat up enough, I may switch all of them over to the sette including the seatpost. I like the fact that you can feel the flex from hard riding, it lets me know that its taking all the vibration that the forks are not taking. I've grown to love Sette USA products. Way to go Sette!!!

Easton EC70 MonkeyLite XC riser, also Sette Carbon seatpost.

[Dec 29, 2007]
Alex

Strength:

Sweet looking, carbon, relatively inexpensive, strong, light

I compared these to my buddy's monkey light and they look exactly the same, but mine weighed less and cost half the price. The carbon looks pretty awesome. I've wrecked a couple time and they've held up just fine.

easton

[Apr 13, 2006]
Erik

Strength:

It's CF, lighter and stronger than aluminum

Poor quality control

Spend $10 more and get the Eastons. The carbon fiber weave on my Sette bar was wrinkled and not aligned properly. Gave me concerns about its strength. It went back, and the Eastons went on. The Eastons are waaaaay better. And, the Sette bar is matte finished CF. The Easton is shinier CF and looks cooler, too.

Easton Monkeylite CF