RooX FPS Freeride Bar Handlebar

• 650 mm width
  • 45 mm rise

• User Reviews (4)

Bent Forkx   Cross Country Rider [Sep 10, 2000]
    Strength:

Dynamic bar shape, promotes bent elbows for ergonomic shock absorption, and less effort in control steering

a little wide for freeriding in the woods

With the unique shape, and with the proper body geometry considerations taken into account, you will, gain better uphill/downhill freeriding control

Similar Products Used: icon, raceface, etc
    Denis   Weekend Warrior [Mar 26, 1999]
    Strength:

unique shape, looks good,easy to match bike's colour

hard to get brake levers/grip-shifts in through the handlebar

Roox Freeride bar looks strange and feels strange, but it works great. Friends of mine thought i purposely bent the end of my bars!!!Truly a bar for its price value!

Christiaan Vingerling   weekend warrior [Oct 20, 1998]

A few months ago I bought the Roox freeride handlebar, but I am not very happy with it. The position and the wide of the handlebar is good, and it does not scratch easy, but the plastic thing to let it fit in your stem is trash.
    After a month the plastic thing was not able to stabelize the handlebar in the stem anymore, I have replaced them for handmade alu ones, and now it works.
    In a german handlebar-test they had the same problem they could not lock the
    handlebar in the stem, so they stopped testing it.
    I don't know why they keep selling trash like this!

FlipSide   Downhiller [Oct 17, 2002]
    Strength:

- Allows several riding positions (ergo shape)
    - Very comfortable once you get used to it.
    - Helps a lot while climbing
    - Great control for DH

- Feels really weird at first
    - Can't use lock-on grips
    - Not available anymore in 2003

This bar finally ended my search for the perfect fit on my bike. I was a bit reluctant to buy this bar at first because of the weird shape...and when I first tried it, I though "Yukk! Not sure I like that... :(" After a bit of tuning (move brake levers and shifters inward), I have to say this bar is awesome! Very comfortable for heavy trail riding! From very technical or long climbs to technical or fast DH, the unique shape and feel of the bar enhanced the control of my bike.

I love it!

The only thing I don't like from tham is that you can't use lock-on grips on it.