Ritchey WCS Carbon Flat Handlebar

Ritchey WCS Carbon Flat Handlebar

Ritchey has taken its reputable WCS Flat Bar and developed a carbon version. The component manufacturer is calling it the WCS Flat Carbon Handlebar, and it relies on the same shape and dimensions as the alloy version, only it features a strong, sleek unidirectional carbon construction. As we all...

[Oct 25, 2010]
mixerr

Strength:

attractive appearance, and shiny, good looking

---

attractive appearance, and not heavy, it can maneuver quickly, a definite appearance

---

[Apr 18, 2007]
joey JAMIESON

Strength:

Light, strong, vibration dampening and look good

nil

These are the best bars I've used. They are light and look good on any bike. I was very surprised how much the carbon dampened the vibrations. Making them so much more comfortable on long rides. I resisted carbon for a long while due to possible durability problems. But I would highly recommend these bars to anyone who like flat bars.

Syncros flats, Easton E50 raiser

[Sep 08, 2006]
Rob Bogin

Strength:

This is a Superlight, super strong carbon bar. Little to no flex. This bar is for people who like to hammer it out. I have it on my cross country rig, which is a hardtail, this compliments it very well. There is no little or no flex in this bar so don't expect the dampening that you normally think of with a carbon bar.

None or if you consider dampening that just that.

Awsome for Racers, wannabe racers, or anyone who wants to hammer it. Not for downhillers, freeriders and the like.

LP, Race Face Carbon

[Feb 11, 2008]
Zachariah

Strength:

Stiff, light, very blingy, with a beautiful carbon weave finish, and sharp graphics too.

I was hesitant about going carbon- due to some stories I read about them. My LBS said as long as I do not overtighten the stem(i.e; use torque wrench), and do not use bar ends......all is fine.

Well, I am upgrading from very heavy(309g) FSA alu risers- and the Ritchey WCS Carbon doesn't even feel like it is even there. It lightened up my front end so much that climbing hills has become almost too easy. Also, the carbon has smoothed out teeth-jarring trails, that the front suspension feels even more plush. They soak up vibration so well that I am never going back to alu bars again. I was lucky enough to try out two other(see above) carbon flat bars- and although the Ritchey WCS was not the absolute lightest....it just had that feel, look and function of a professional racer's equipment.

Even though Ritchey Logic states the WCS Carbon Flat can accomodate bar ends- I feel there is no real need for them because of it's lightness, narrower width, and near-perfect sweep angle. Get yourself a set....they not only look hi-tech flashy, but they also work hi-tech GREAT!!!

Easton EC90; FSA K-Force Carbon Riser; Bontrager Race Lite.

[Jan 21, 2008]
alistair

Strength:

I had the standard scott 25mm bar on the bike and the flex was really noticable, but when I fitted the Ritchey bar, no flex, yet the carbon still manages to soak up some trail vibration.

just the usual price in the UK (£100 ish) I am afraid at that kinda money I was unable to support my LBS so bought mine from an international source on ebay (Australia I think) and paid about £40!!!

Excellent bar if a little pricey in the UK.

First carbon bars, but various alloy bars