Profile Racing FR Riser Bar Handlebar

FR Riser Bar

Profile FR Riser Bar

brendan mandzij   Cross Country Rider [Oct 16, 2001]
Strength:

Good value
pretty light(250grams)
good dimensions
seems stiff enough

i dont know what the other reviewers did with theirs, but mine bent within a month and that is on my gt agressor, which is much more xc than the "ultra fr" this bar is supposedly designed for.

These bars would be good for a xc rider or someone doing lite fr work, as they dont seem stong enough even for the easy stuff i do. very good 4 the dough though and infinately better than the stock stuff.

Similar Products Used: stock cr@ppy bars with bike
Fritz Lehr   Cross Country Rider [May 25, 2000]
Strength:

- They feel great and when something feels good it makes you
faster and the ride more enjoyable. Prefer it to my
titanium flat bar.
- Carbon Fiber just looks cool.
- I won them in a race, so it was free

- Somewhat Heavy(I think it is 280 grams)
- Need wider trails to fit
- Hard to bolt equipment(lights, computer etc.) to bar b/c
of varying widths and curves(2" riser bar)and extremely
difficult to get into side loading stems

This is a great bar, I won it in a race so I do not know the price or anything about the warranty. I reluctantly tried the bar and now I don't think I can go back to a flat bar. I didn't think I would ever want anything other than my Ti bar, but this bar changed my mind. I may like it b/c it is wider and I am big guy with wide shoulders, so it fits me better. Whatever the reason, I feel more comfortable and more in control and that makes the ride that much more enjoyable.
Oh yes, I tried going back to the flat bar and I found it very difficult to ride, but like I said it might just be the fit (if it doesn't fit you must aquite, or something like that). Great bar, especially if it has a lifetime warranty, I say give it a try.

Similar Products Used: *Scott black magic 150g Carbon bar(only broke off bar end, a great handlebar). *Topo XC 220- a 220 g aluminum riser bar. *Topo 140g 3AL/2.5V titanium bar and other aluminum flat bars no longer made.
Tod Carter   Weekend Warrior [Mar 11, 2001]
Strength:

Relieves pressure on lower back.

Very crowded with bar ends, grips and shifters.

Good control, very wide, allows you to cycle longer, good for lower back injuries. Crashed once, broke two ribs and the bar didn't bend, just me.

Similar Products Used: stock flat bars.
Iam   Downhiller [Aug 10, 2000]
Strength:

Looks, Colour Range, The Awesome Unconditional Lifetime Guarantee Profile have on all products in there range!!!!!

Thin 6061 ali (is it strong enough????)

Amazing bars! 20.00 English pounds and a lifetime guarantee
what more can you want? A Downhill/"Freeride" bar you can TRY and trash and you still get a new one - Bargain, matey. And i havent bent mine yet.
Oh and they do bare a serious likeness to the Answer Pro-Tapers! So you save £55.00!!!!!! What more can i say if your a Downhiller, or even a XC rider you can't go wrong.

Similar Products Used: Azonics, Tranz-x, Planet-x, Pro-Tapers Most Bars!
Alex Garcia   Cross Country Rider [Apr 30, 2000]
Strength:

Heavy Duty tubing, inexpensive, nice rise and angle

A few grams heavier than the expensive bars

For all around thrashing, hittin the dropoffs and helpin lighten that front end(puts your weight back a bit and helps you loft that front end at will) risers cant be beat. I'm sure the Easton bars and the like are lighter and just as effective, but if your just gittin into risers and you dont want to invest 100 bucks in a handlebar then check these out. Got mine for 24 frogskins and I'll never go back to straight bars again. RISERS RULE!!! PS: Ive got these puppies on both my bikes cuz they ROCK...

Similar Products Used: First risers I've used
Cam   Weekend Warrior [Nov 09, 1999]
Strength:

Strong hardly any flex if any Look good

These are great bars I am like 240lbs and they have not Bent or nutting Great bar, Oh and my grips dont slip ither there the YETI ones

Similar Products Used: Azonic ect..
jimmy otting   Weekend Warrior [Aug 16, 2001]
Strength:

you get great control them there pretty light and you can't beat the price

none yet

Great bars for the money

Similar Products Used: stock bars
Bryan Rozon   Downhiller [Aug 27, 2000]
Strength:

I got the gold colour one and it look awesome!!! it has the pefect rise for free riding! It is very light (lighter than easton monkey riser bar which is $70) it has basically no flex and has a lifetime warrenty.

I can not think of any... Seriously, I cant.

I would like to see you try and find a better deal than this bar! you cant! It is light, strong, good looking and has a lifetime warrenty for only $35.