Profile Design Solar RS Handlebar

• Multi-Layered Carbon
  • Aluminum Bar Tip Inserts
  • Flat or Rise Styles

airman   Cross Country Rider [Jul 26, 2007]
Strength:

Light, nice bend, flexes to absorb shock

None I've found

This was my first carbon riser bar and was a great experience. I've just replaced it after 3 years because I am worried about carbon bars breaking and I figure I've got my use out of this one - it was really inexpensive too. The bar has a nice sweep back and just enough rise to make it really comfortable. It has the nice carbon weave look and has aluminum inserts in the ends for protection. Mine weighed 175g which is not super light, but that wasn't my main concern. The bar has a nice amount of flex and is less fatiguing than the aluminum flat bars I've used before. This really helped during marathon and 24 hour racing. Reliability has been perfect although I haven't had any nasty falls and don't do drop offs... I weight 180lbs and these bars have been a real pleasure to use! Unfortunately I don't have anything other than the RaceFace Next riser to compare to - and it stacks up fine although it has more flex than the RaceFace bar.

Similar Products Used: RaceFace Next carbon riser
Sean Davidson   Racer [Dec 03, 2007]
Strength:

Light, durable, strong

One inch too wide for racing. Fixed this weakness.

I've ridden these bars in pretty extreme conditions for a cross country rig, feel they've held up as well as any all mountain bar would have. I cut them down 1/2 inch on each side for racing without a problem. I was nervous at first riding these on downhill trips with drops up to three feet but haven't had any doubts after the abuse they've taken. Sure, one day they may snap but any other bar would probably do the same after what I put them through. I've even crashed at 30 mph into rocks, bars taking much of the hit, without a hint of damage. Great buy.

Similar Products Used: first carbon bar
Albert Orbinati   Weekend Warrior [Apr 12, 2005]
Strength:

This is the first carbon bar that I have owned, and have heard of the accolades that carbon gets. Compared to any aluminum bar, this one is superior in vibration dampening, it's nice and wide, and light. I'm a fan.

Dont overtighten the stem clamp or you'll get a nice creaking sound. This is the case with any carbon part.

Great price, lightweight, good vibration dampening, looks great!

Similar Products Used: Several lightweight aluminum risers
Mark B.   Weekend Warrior [Oct 12, 2004]
Strength:

light weight, rise/sweep, muted graphics

matte finish, vibration transfer

Love the light weight, but since I never used a carbon bar before, I guess maybe I was expecting too much in the vibe-damping dept. On my old bike, the bar seemed to pull a 1/2-pound off the front of the bike, and on this one, it seems to balance out the ride, but the vibration is very much there. Good and stiff, but hell on the hands.