Niner Bikes Flat Top 9 Bar Handlebar

Niner Bikes Flat Top 9 Bar Handlebar

Mountain bikers used to cut their bars down to 'slice through trees' ? they used to ride with a hip pack and in cut-off jeans, too. We've come a long way, and modern mountain bikers favor wide bars like the Niner Flat Top Handlebar to steer their single-speeds and 29ers. Larger wheels and taller gears benefit from the extra width because it offers added leverage when standing on the pedals or leaning into a turn.Constructed from 7075 t-6 aluminum, the butted Flat Top offers the stiffness and low weight you desire for accurate handling and efficiency. The Flat Top is 710mm wide, and Niner provides markings with 20mm increments to assist with accurately chopping the bar down. This 31.8mm clamp diameter bar features a nine-degree sweep to offer excellent ergonomics, and it can be rotated to fine tune your riding position plus or minus five millimeters. Niner even designed the Flat Top Handlebar's graphics to be unaffected by bar position, and hits them with colors to complement Niners frames; Green, Moondust, Tangerine, and Red.

[Nov 19, 2012]
sprocket47

Strength:

Wide, nice sweep, and they look great

None - so far.

I purchased these bars for my SS 29er and they are the perfect width and the sweep is very nice without being freaky like some of the other so-called SS bars. They feel very solid under hard standing pulling while mashing over a hill.

Answer proTaper
Ritchey Comp

[May 08, 2012]
Stephen Sapp

Strength:

Very wide, 9 degree, great leverage

none so far

I love this handle bar. It gives you a lot of torque when accelerating an on climbs. Puts both arms and hands in comfortable riding position. Works great on my single speed. I love it.

[May 26, 2011]
Jim Nasium

Strength:

Light, Wide, Comfortable.

Price.

This review is for the carbon fiber version of the Flat Top bar since it isn't listed.

Very good bar. Dampening effect is fabulous, but the real improvement is the width, if you're into that sort of thing.

I didn't think I would notice an improvement due to the width, maybe just a little more comfortable. However, the added width provided more control, increased stability, and it noticeably improved the ability to torque when climbing.

I only have one spot where I have clearance troubles on my trail system, so that isn't an issue for me. If you're concerned about that, this bar may not be for you since there are cheaper carbon fiber bars out there.

Just the Bontrager bar that came on my '10 GF X-Caliber.

[Jan 23, 2011]
MuddFlap

Strength:

Strong, wide, comfy

weight

wide and flat. Great for single speeding.

[Apr 15, 2010]
rob1208lv

Strength:

light, bling factor, long, strong

a a tad to long for some.

I cut a 1/2" off each side, and now they are perfect.....

specialized flat bar

[Jun 30, 2007]
Bob

Strength:

Width,sweep,looks,durability.

None so far.

I think this bar is perfect for 29ers and singlespeeds due to the added torque from the 28" width and the comfy sweep. The flat design keeps the bar heigth on my 29er the same as I had on my 26" bikes.

Raceface Dues and Evolve risers.