Kore Lite 2 Handlebar

• Available in black & silver
  • Available with 3° or 5° bends 580mm width

• User Reviews (7)

Jacob O'Neall   [Sep 07, 2003]
    Strength:

everything: light, my Kore Lite 1 weighs 145g; strong, I actually used it on a freeride bike for a fullyear, with no problems; cheap, I bought 2 for $15.00 from Price Point;High Quality, USA made

Are you kidding? NONE, this bar doesn't have a weakness

Does its job, and does it well. Even at the regular $40.00 price, this would beat any handlebar for value, and it's perfomance back up its value. It's extremly strong, and alothough its also incredibly stiff, it is somehow very forgiving, and provides a good amount of vibration dampening normaly only found in Ti & carbon bars (and the Kore is more durable since it's aluminum) Also, the Kore light 1 bar is fairly light, I read that it weighs 145g, which is great, considering the pounding I gave it on my freeride bike.(I weigh about 170-175) It was on my freeride bike for about a year, and it withstood numerous hard landings off of drops, jumps, stairs, ramps, and of course, crashes. Even after all that, I put it on my XC bike, and it still looks new, since the quality paint has no scratches. Trail riders, XC racers, and even some freeriders should buy these handlebars.

Similar Products Used: many, Syntace VRO, Kalloy, Bontrager Crow Bar, Kore XC Riser
    joseph barnwell   Racer [Mar 14, 2002]
    Strength:

a strong none flexing barnfor a cheap price. i have it on both my mud bike and my race bike. i love it. it does not even creak when i am in a race and putting a lot of stress on it when i jump logs and stuff.

NONE!!

great bar for any one that is looking for a good deal on a light bar.

Similar Products Used: EASTON EA 70
    James   Weekend Warrior [Mar 01, 2002]
    Strength:

According to PP, I actually have the lite 1, but even still, it's a simple, cheap, STRONG STRONG STRONG bar. I use it on my commuting bike which sees uphill climbs, downhill dirt, stairs, etc. No flex, no creaks, no flexing... adn I weigh 260, so that says a lot.

it doesn't come with a 6 foot blonde to serve me beer.

Massive upgrades on my trail bike meant that this bike got some leftovers, and some new parts. The handlebars were new. I yank and crank on em from time to time, lean hard on em when I'm bouncing my way down some stairs... haven't tried standing on em yet though.
    Bonty bars get good reviews... maybe the OEM stock stuff isn't as good. Bonty makes my hands hurt. BAD hurt. Tried new stem, fork, grips, everything. With all the money I blew on my Trek this winter (only the frame and handlebars are stock now... spent roughly $1000 on upgrades) I hadn't bought new handlebars yet.
    This plain, straight, cheap bar doesn't make my hands hurt. It puts up with the stress of me cranking on it, and just...works. So I just ordered another one for the Trek. For a $10 bar to do so well, and be so D***ed comfortable, I can't help but max it out.

Similar Products Used: Bontrager crow bar sport, stock on my trek 6700. That thing makes my hands hurt after 10 minutes. Score another point for this bar.
    Lee   Cross Country Rider [Dec 31, 2002]
    Strength:

have had no problems with my handlebar. they are light, strong, and have lasted for 2 years. no complaints

crashed hard in april, slightly compressed the end of the bar were my bar end was, but i crashed hard, hit rock hard, so thats to be expected.

Great bar for the price, why spend 2 or 3x's as much. have had no problems with my bar. buying a kore xc riser for my Giant NRS that I'm building. Never had a problem with a Kore Component and they're a lot cheaper than similar products. Probably not the best for downhill or freeride, but thats pretty obvious. For xc riding, this bar is great.

your hero   [May 07, 2002]
    Strength:

it is strong, light, strong, inexpensive, and did i mention strong?

it...wait this product has absolutely no weaknesses.

this product is super strong. If i wanted to i could take it off my bike, use it as a crow bar, beat a rhino to death, put it back on my bike and it would still be the best out there.