FSA SL-K Flat Handlebar

Unidirectional carbon and 6061 aluminum come together in FSA's tough, lightweight SL-K Flat Handlebar. It also features a textured, reinforced...

Tsetse   [Mar 15, 2013]
Strength:

Relatively cheap compared to other carbon handlebars.
Reduces trail vibrations better than almost all the carbon bars I've used before.
Light at just 165 grams (claimed).
9° backsweep and 4° upsweep is great for XC riding.
Its a hybrid bar, for those carbon skeptics out there.
Looks great! Comes with different color choices (red, white, or blue) to suit most bikes.
Has a rough clamping section to reduce the chance of slippage.

620mm by modern standards is too narrow, even for XC riding.
The cosmetic finish is rather soft and can be scratched easily, even though it has no effect on the structural integrity.
Needs to be made wider

Overall, this is a great bar for XC and trail riding. Light, well made, light, and with a great shape, many pros on the XC circuit use these bars. Could be made wider to suit modern day standards, but perhaps we will see that in later versions? I wholeheartedly recommend these handlebars!

OVERALL
Flat Ark   Racer [Jan 28, 2013]
Strength:

Light weight, dampens very well and is great for running bar ends.

Really have no complaints.

Even though this is an aluminum bar wrapped in carbon I feel that it dampens trail chatter much better than some "high end" carbon bars that I have used. I like to run bar ends and I don't have to worry about over torquing them or my stem for that matter. I run this bar on my rigid SS.

Similar Products Used: LOTS! Syntace, Salsa, etc....
OVERALL