FSA K-Force DH Handlebar

FSA K-Force DH Handlebar

-Full-width Downhill / Freeride riser
-Carbon/Kevlar Composite construction
-Reinforced brake lever zones
-Reinforced and textured stem clamp zone
-Sizes: Ø25.4mm or Ø31.8 x W710mm
-40mm (1.5") rise
-8° back sweep, 3° upward bend
-230 grams

[Feb 25, 2010]
DyNaM1T3

Strength:

Construction method, ergonomic fit, great feedback, no trail vibrations, comfortable, strength, weight 230g (25.4mm).

RRP price - but you can get great deals on them (£45). - (A little wide for me, so I cut them down. not really a weakness though).

First carbon bars used, took a little getting used to due to the inherent flex in carbon bars, now I much prefer the handling characteristics of these bars over alloy.
No bad vibrations make them very comfortable for epic rides. I've given these reasonable AM/mild FR abuse especially from my 205mm/m4 up front.
Recently I needed to shave weight & fancied oversize bars, I considered Easton DH carbon bars, but prefer the construction method that FSA use, 3k carbon/kevlar with alloy reinforcing, theoretically should make a more robust, stronger, stiffer, better handling bar (LP Composites who only make carbon bars, use the same method).
I've ended up getting FSA Gravity 31.8mm/25mm rise (206g) coupled with a 50mm Sunline AM Stem (144g).
(Let you know how I fair with these).

first carbon bars

[Jun 17, 2008]
NateDizity1420

Strength:

Strong, Light Weight, Designed Nicely, Awesome Decals

Bottom line look for this handle bar on line. It lists for around $149 but if you look around you can get it cheap, I got it for $38 w/o shipping and its a well built, nice looking handle bar that preforms and stands up to alot of abuse awesome product A++++++++ I was even considering FSA when I was looking for new bars, but now Im glad I came across them.

Easton Monkey Bar

[Oct 07, 2006]
middle-aged mountain biker

Strength:

fsa does it again with a superior product. no-compromise stiffness. The finish, design and materials are top rate. Overall shape and rise is perfect.

I can't believe this bar hasn't been reviewed here before. This is a superior, sleeper product. I trimmed for my local riding (aggresive tight trail riding). They make the previous bar (monkeylite carbon) feel like a kids toy. These bars are that much better, although there is a slight weight gain. But as we all (should) know, its not just about the weight, though apparently it is for MBA, which took stars off for the weight. Of course they have to protect their 'followers' as easton sells many more of their product. Again, just goes to show if you do the research and don't get fooled by marketing, you can find gems among the many stones.

carbon monkeylite, numerous aluminum