FSA Gravity Carbon DH Riser Bar Handlebar

FSA Gravity Carbon DH Riser Bar Handlebar

[Mar 21, 2011]
dsw1204

Strength:

Light, strong, very cool looking, kills the road buzz.

Absolutely nothing

These are fantastic handlebars. I am mostly a commuter and myy bike is a fantastic bike. The only thing missing was a carbon fiber fork. It came with an aluminum fork and aluminum flatbars. This setup picked up every road buzz on the road and transferred this buzz right into my hands, even though the bike has a reynolds 520 steel frame. I tried to find a carbon fiber fork to reduce this buzz, but I couldn't find one with the same exact specs of my stock fork. Then I found these FSA Gravity Carbon handlebars on Ebay. They are extremely light, although I am not a racer and thus, don't care about how light they are. They are a riser bar and look very, very cool. But, better than that, they virtually eliminate all the road buzz I was feeling. This was a great upgrade for my bike.

Just the stock aluminum bars that came with the bike.

[Oct 06, 2010]
strever

Strength:

Light, strong

Price. Thats why I purchased mine used.

I love this bar. Light yet strong feeling. Not too flashy. Comes wide and can be trimmed to fit. I like a stronger bar as I am hard on my bikes.

Everyone should own one

Aluminum bars that came factory on my several Specialized bikes.

[Aug 13, 2009]
Ben1

Strength:

Strength, weight (or lack of), shape, amazing vibration damping

Full RRP is a bit steep

Absolutely blown away by these. Came across a pair for a bargain so thought I'd give carbon bars a try. Shape is comfy and a reasonable width, they feel stiff and secure and have really improved the feel of the front of the bike.
The carbon has a very noticeable dampening effect on general vibrations (as noticeable as, say, switching between an Alu frame and a steel or Ti one). This takes a bit of getting used to, but after a couple of rides it's actualy really quite nice, you still get adequate feedback from the trail but your wrists get a slightly easier time of things. Wouldn't hesitate to recomend these, I doubt I will ever go back to an Alu bar now.

Quite a lot of different bars now, tend to keep changing them until I find the right one, or some little scrote steals them...

[Mar 23, 2009]
BB
Downhiller

Strength:

light, strong, good width, good shape

expensive

I've used these bars on an all-mtn bike, a DH bike, and a freeride bike without any problems. I weigh 200 or so, and ride mainly rough DH trails and bike parks, with a few drops thrown in the mix. Nothing huge, occasional crashes. These bars haven't broken so they work for me.

If you're hard on equipment, really heavy, crash-prone, or poor, maybe these aren't for you.

aluminum bars

[May 05, 2007]
mrad01

Strength:

Strong, light, wide! Looks awesome too.

None yet

The width (710mm) make for good control for me. Also seems to dull any vibration (apparently carbon bars do this). I am very impressed.