FSA FR-270 Riser Bar Handlebar

FR-270 Riser Bar

FSA FR-270 ATB Handlebaris a Triple butted tapered and shot peened AL7050/T6, with 8 deg back sweep and 3 deg upward bend and colour graphics. 40mm Rise, Weight 270gms.

Matt Elliott   Weekend Warrior [Sep 07, 2003]
Strength:

A+ performance. I bought it because they didnt have an azonic stem to fit the bars i wanted and they were next strongest lookin bars there. I've smacked em up a fair bit and no dents or bends yet just a few good scratches

u have to have the custom fsa stem maybe someone else makes a stem but not to my knowledge

If u want a tough bar get em way thicker than any normal bar.

Similar Products Used: Azonic the big 2" wide one:)
cl   [Feb 02, 2007]
Strength:

good looking, strong, proper width,, nice bend and sweep angle

Great bar with nice look and rigid feel. width is perfect for aggressive XC/AM use. no need to go oversize, this is it.

Similar Products Used: Titec hellbend, Bontrager race, Easton
eric   Weekend Warrior [Apr 19, 2005]
Strength:

very stif bar, it is strong and super burly

the paint gets dinged and scrached easily

i have the FR-330 bar, and it is pretty much the same thing, either way it is a good bar and i would highly recomened it. i have seen Cedric using all the FSA bars, so if it is good enough for him it is pretty much good enough for everyone else.

Similar Products Used: nothing
Nick   Downhiller [Aug 17, 2005]
Strength:

Look nice?

The bars flare out as you get further away from the ends, meaning I can't run my shifters (sram x7) far enough in. The shifter is getting bumped when going through rocky stuff and I'm changing to gears I don't want!

These bars bug me, the shifter was constantly in the way of my regular grip on the bars, as rocky sections would bump my hand onto the shifter, messing up the gear I was in. The Protapers have a much more uniform diameter before they curve down to the stem, meaning I can get the shifter and brake lever a bit more inboard as that's what I was after. There was less than half an inch space between the end of the grip and the shifter clamp, so the triggers were hanging right in the way. You get the point. Otherwise they same like normal bars, no odd rise or sweep to mention, just the flaring out issue.