Easton EA70 XC Flat Handlebar

Easton EA70 XC Flat Handlebar

Easton EA70 XC Aluminum MTB Handlebar is the Easton?s most popular aluminum flat bar, the EA70 marries the strength and weight savings of TaperWall? technology with the high performance of EA70 aluminum.

[May 08, 2012]
Azman Jazzman

Strength:

Superb... !

Nothing at all.... !

All rounder rider etc; XC/ All Mountain or XC Race.... !

[Jul 04, 2011]
sltan

Strength:

light,strong,stiff

none.....

good for climbing, even on the road n one thing for cross country.

original from bike

[Jan 25, 2010]
El Baelos

Strength:

Price, stiffness, weight

Comfort

I've been using this product for one year now, and I didn't have any problem with it.
For the price, it is probably one of the best handlebars you can get.
The only lesser point is the comfort on long rides. After a marathon, my wrists really hurt. This has also something to do with the position of the hands on a flatbar. Especially in long descents, your wrists are turned in a somewhat unnatural angle.
I just ordered the new Ritchey Superlogic 10 D handlebar to have some more comfort for my wrists. It is only 10 gr lighter than the EA70, but costs three times the price! In comparison to that handlebar, the Ritchey is a real bargain...

standard Scott alu handlebar

[Mar 17, 2009]
John Dee

Strength:

Light, strong, well made and price is reasonable, useable width.

Excellent bar that is stiff, light and totally functional. Can't quite understand this flex issue that people have commented on. I am a thick-set individual and ride the bars hard into corners and would know if there were any flex. Is is possible that all Easton bars are not created equally? ....unlikely unless there is a major shortcoming in their quality control and that sort of problem would surely manifest itself in more than one product.

Endless

[Oct 30, 2008]
ceejayvee

Strength:

er quite light but...

...flex, ends are too thin, black paint jumps off if you look hard

EASTON HAVE ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE, they ignore you

Easton customer service does not exist, it is a figment of their imagination (see my review of the EA50 seatpost)

Too much flex to feel in control

The ends are too thin and deform far to easily, you can deform the ends with your hands. Ends are so thin they will slice through rubber grips (lock-ons deform the ends) and any body part that gets in the way of 'em in an accident.

I had a black one, the paint seems to hate the metal it's been put onto and comes away very quickly leaving you with a bar that looks like it has a disease.

Raceface, Bianchi

[Sep 10, 2008]
skotniczny

Strength:

I found that it was lighter then some carbon bars that i was browsing.
Looks good, specially with the matching ea70 stem.
Feels solid to me, but I only weigh 150lb.

None yet.

I got the 31.8mm bar so that i could change my old stem and bar around as i pleased.
i was a little worried about all the flex people have been mentioning, but decided to stick with it due to my light weight 150lb.
on my first ride i gave it a beating, i locked my fork out and did a few sprints putting all my weight on the bar i could not feel any flex.
this has been an awesome bar for me and i would recommend it to any one looking for a light xc style handle bar.

specialized rise bar

[Sep 03, 2003]
adam

Strength:

what can i say? carbon fiber! super lightweight and extremely low flex.

no bar ends allowed!! what a crock.

great bar. but no bar ends? just a couple of fitted aluminum rings crammed into the ends to reinforce the ends of the bar for bar end clamps. for $70 i expect better planning in the engineering department.

[Mar 12, 2002]
jonathan

Strength:

I picked this and the carbon easton handlebars up in the shop and I couldn't tell the difference in weight at all. Given the problems of catastrophic failure and adding components to the carbon bar I would say these are much better - carbon is just a fad.

They seem a little narrow with bar ends on

Better value than carbon bars

Kore

[Feb 20, 2002]
Josef

Strength:

Lightweight,cool flat black look.Perfect 5 degree bend and fit.Dampens trail vibrations on either rigid cromo forks and suspension.'E'and'EA70'logos stand out just right.

NONE!!! WooHoo!!!

I finally found a XC bar that rivals the Taperlights.Standard equipment on all my bikes.

Answer Taperlite and Hyperlight,two classics!

[Jul 16, 2002]
Jon

Strength:

strong, light

What more could you ask of a handlebar. Its strong and light and I got a wicked nice deal on it. Love it!

Bontrager Race