Easton EA70 Wide XC Handlebar

EA70 Wide XC

As 29ers have evolved and gained mainstream acceptance, we've witnessed riders drift from flat bars sporting ubiquitous barends to trendy moto-esque riser bars. However, after thousands of miles and countless forum flame wars, flat bars are now becoming the bars of choice for 29ers. And, Easton's...

blackhammer   Weekend Warrior [Jul 08, 2010]
Strength:

Wide bars with a decent sweep makes for great leverage on climbs and controlling the front wheel at speed. The flat bar keeps the front end low on your 29er.

None found yet. The wide bars do give some pause when going through tight single track, but it's worth it for the added climbing and control.

After all kinds of problems with not being able to keep my front wheel weighted on my 29er,and the front feeling unstable, I took a long look at my position on the bike and realized I needed to lower the handlebars. These fit the bill. They have made a huge difference in my riding. I can power up short, steep climbs that I used to only make with a lot of momentum. I have a lot more confidence switching lines and riding technical features. If you're on a 29er, get them. The only reason I'm not giving them 5 chilis is because I've only been riding them one season.

Similar Products Used: Flat bars-none. I've used several different riser bars that really weren't meant for a 29" wheel.
OVERALL
MSHMTB   Cross Country Rider [Mar 16, 2010]
Strength:

Flatbar(great for 29ers). Wider than 580mm, rare for a flatbar. Alu, not Carbon, don't have to worry about torque and cracks, or any of that.

Heavy at 250 grams, might be a tad bit too wide at 685mm, might cut it down

Thanks Easton for making a flatbar for the elite(29er) crew.

Similar Products Used: Shimano OS-20 riser carbon comp, Raceface NEXT Carbon riser.
OVERALL