Easton EA50 Flat Handlebar

Easton EA50 Flat Handlebar

The EA50 XC offersThe same impressive strength and performance asThe EA70, but at a more affordable price. With Easton's durable EA50 aluminum, 5-degrees of sweep and a sleek, anodized black finish,This handlebar is fit for any XC bike.3 Bar Weight: 175gDegree Bend: 5 degree or 9 degree options Bar Width: 580mm, 685mm Clamp Diameter: 31.8 Material: EASTON EA50 ALUMINUM Rise: None

[Sep 16, 2002]
Steve Ellington, CT, USA

Strength:

Strong, light, cheap

Can't find any.

I was looking for a cheap upgrade replacement for my stock steel flat bar that had begun to rust in the center (I was surprised that they lasted 7 years). I found these, and ordered them, and I don't regret it. I got the box, and almost thought it was empty, cause to be honest, these things are featherweight compared to the steel ones, and every bit as strong too, and I think these look better. I dunno if I'd go do huge drops with these, but so far they've taken everything I've given them up to 2' drops without suspension.

Stock steel flat bar

[Oct 12, 2005]
shiny_car

Strength:

strong, quite light

quite boring looking but otherwise nothing

the EA50 flatbar came standard on my Giant HT; very decent, if not plain looking and nothing exceptional; seem strong and light enough; I prefer something more exotic so have changed to carbon fibre!

Easton EC70 flat bar, EC90 riser; Titec C3 riser; Giant carbon flatbar

[Oct 30, 2002]
Steevo

Strength:

Light, strong, cheap as chips!

Fan-bloomin'-tastic. I was looking for a cheap and lightweight bar (I'm trying to save weight wherever possible cos the bike's a bit of a tank) and this failed to disappoint. One of the best purchases I've ever made, and I'll be looking to Easton for my other upgrades in the future. Regardless of whether or not you're on a budget, if you only ever buy one bar in your life, buy this!

Standard issue Bar

[Apr 26, 2003]
jaxx

Strength:

this bar is super cheap,super cool, super light

only prob is the sweep.not enough 4 the angle of my wrists seemd a bit funny but now its fine

BUY 2 NOW

azonic

[Dec 06, 2004]
dennis calapit

Strength:

light and strong

i havent had any experience of bending it.

its a good bar, i dunno why others still want to upgrade from it. weight is not that noticeable.

kore riser bar

[Sep 18, 2004]
Chris B

Strength:

Simple, not too heavy, doesnt appear to flex, pretty graphics, price.

Not carbon, which would make it lighter. Did not come with bar plugs!

My bike came with riser bars, but I think riser bars are silly. I upgraded to these after a year, and they look great, feel fine and don't weigh too much.

The one complaint is that they didnt come with plastic bungs to fill the end of the tubes. My old bars did, but they wouldnt fit my new ones.

If they'd had the bungs they would have got a perfect score.

Kore riser bars, Wheeler flat bars.

[Aug 22, 2002]
Bradley Keller

Strength:

Good quality alloy, shot peened finish.

None to speak of.

Awesome value, and the quality is there and the price is right. What more could you ask for??

You name it

[Jun 13, 2002]
Phil

Strength:

Stiff, Light, Cheap, Strong.

Silly Colour scheme? Nah...

I bought this bar as it was the cheapest flat bar I caould find (I hate riser bars).
Only I got it in the mail and was astonished just what my £25 got me... It was so light and when I put it on the bike, It proved to be ultra stiff too! I love it. And if I can't break it (19 stone) you can't either.
Buy one for each of your bikes and revel in the goodness.

Raleigh SP Ti

[Aug 22, 2004]
Ren Desa

Strength:

Light, functional, good looking.

It may be the new grips I installed with the bar, but since I started riding with this bar my hands have been getting numb on the outer fingers. I have ordered some dual density grips and I hope that will remedy it.

Excellent bar for the price, I believe curved bars are underrated: if you need your bar higher, get a higher stem. The flat bar gives me more room on the bar for the lights, computer, shifters and brake levers while being narrow enough for city commuting (10 miles each way here). The bare dull aluminum look is cool too, looks great on an otherwise all red and black bike. The brake levers (both Shimano and Formula) are aluminum colored too so they all go together quite nicely. I give 5 chillis for value because of the price from Ebay, and 5 chillis for overall because of the numbing effect on the hands, even though I cannot say that it is the bar's fault.

Bontrager curved bar that came with my Bike.

[Jun 09, 2002]
Rick Bulwicz

Strength:

Good value for the money. Still lighter than other bars at half the cost.

I got these bars instead of the EA70s because the EA70s were a little flexy. These might weigh a little more, but they are solid and still very light! I crank on them because they are on a single-speed and they don't flex. Bargain of the year!

Titanium, carbon, aluminum.