Easton CT2 Bar Handlebar

Easton CT2 Bar Handlebar

Easton CT2 Bar

[Sep 10, 2001]
Brian

Strength:

Looks sweet, cool graphics, incredibly strong.. flex..? what flex i had more flex in my Easton Aluminum bar

none so far, cuz I don't wine about me being stupid and playing he-man when i attach my brake levers.. and bar ends.. use some that go INSIDE the bar instead of clamp on the outside, maybe that'll keep you winers happy.

Ok Guys, I dunno what your doing wrong.. or what I'm doing right or something liek that, but I have NO problems with my bar.. I free ride, I race, I trial... and I LOVE these bars, and I weigh 165 lbs. Flex is not an issue.. atleast I'm not anal enough to notice 1/2 a millimeter of flex. These bars look cool, with their striking carbon weave and easton graphics, this bar is great for all.. if you have the dough. and remember.. DON'T tighten your brakes and shifters too tight Or bar ends... cuz I'm tired of reading your sorry wining stories of why YOU messed up your own damn bar.

basinc bars and Easton Aluminum bar

[Jul 11, 2001]
Grant

Strength:

Strong, light and stiff. Customer service is OUTSTANDING.

I emailed Easton and asked if I, as a larger rider of 220 lbs, should own this bar. The response with back up data was swift. I went out and purchased the bar but was told not to put bar ends on it. Again, I emailed the brand manager at Easton and his reply was swift and even told me to call him if I had any further questions. Damn GREAT service. (BTW, YES you can put bar ends on but the must be of a certain type. See website for details.)

I have used the product and love the bar. Quick, responsive handling and no hint of it being flimsy. The best bar you can buy!

[Jul 19, 1999]
Blake

Strength:

Light
Looks Great
Vibration Dampening

Scratches Easily

This handlebar is great! It hasen't given me any problems with my bar ends on there. It hasn't cracked either anywhere.

Aluminum other

[Sep 28, 1998]
Kent
weekend warrior

Outstanding bar! Lite, strong and visually stunning. The quality is outstanding, the flex is small to moderate and (in my case) the bar actually weighed less then advertised at a scant 121 grams. In an industy overrun with false weight claims it this was refreshing. An excellent product for lite to moderate x-country riding.

[Sep 23, 1998]
corbett
racer

I've had these bars on for a couple of months. So far they work great. I weigh about 160 and have raced on them twice, plus took them to Colorado for about 4 days. They are really light and seem to be strong. Also, in case you're wondering, you can put bar ends on them without re-inforcements. You need new ones that clamp down in a round circle. I bought those fat Icon ends and have had no problem with them. You can also cut the bars shorter which I also did. Just use a hacksaw. I like them.

[May 04, 1999]
Robert
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Light Wieght
Durable
Its a Bar

The best bar you can buy. Unless you want really flexy then try a ti.

Bontrager 6061

[Oct 25, 2000]
Alfonso

Strength:

Light as air; rigid, yet absorbs hard bumps well; choices of sweep

expensive (but I paid the full price, now didn't I?)

Outrageously wonderful bar and perhaps the last I'll ever own. After messing around with various riser bars (all recommended by dealers and riding buddies) for about a year, I finally figured out that a flat bar offered me a much better fit and ride...

Enter the CT2 bar because it offered the squat lenth that I wanted. This is the first flat bar I've owned. This is also the first carbon bar I've owned. Perhaps a testament to Easton quality, but I believe the carbon fiber material in general is head and shoulders above other materials for bar rigidity, bump absorption and finesse. Flat versus riser is a dumb argument that I leave to your own prudent judgement and riding stance.

All said, I gotta admit, though: it seems quite ridiculous to have to pay $70 on a handlebar. I'm the fool that paid the price but never looked back.

various Al bars from Specialized, Bontrager, Syncros

[Jul 07, 2000]
Mike

Strength:

Great bars!!!Though I don't use bar ends,these bars climb well and offer just enough flex to help dampen the bumps on fast downhill sections.I weigh 180 and can't see any signs of failure with these bars.I like them much better than aluminum.

None yet.

Good set of bars for the money.They have a good warranty if you save your receipt.Like everything else though personal preferances may vary.I like the little bit of flex that the bars offer while still maintaining a great degree of rigidness when you need it.I have had no problems with cracking or scratching of the surface while installing brake levers or shifters.These bars so far are tough as nails!!!

Coda,Bontrager

[Mar 12, 2000]
MikeD ???

Strength:

super light
cool looking
Warranty

price

this thing is strong, I tried braking it for a while then I gave up because this super light piece of carbon fibre wouldn't snap. But it had to break sometime. I was clipping along realy in some super rough simgletrack with a pair of tioga 1.85 slicks on my bike then I lost control and wracked out hardcore, big over the endo, smashing my upper leg and arm on a tree and my handlebar and shifter were both ruined the bar had cracked and freighed where as the shifter just looked screwed ( 99 XT rapid fire ) shimano didn't replace my shifter and easton did replace my handleebar no questions asked. It's a good product to have, I couldn't break it trying wheelie drops and bombing some sick descents at a high speed but it took a super hard smack with a tree to finally break it.

race-face low rise riser
control tech flat bar
profile stiffy

[Jan 19, 2000]
Andrew Howard

Strength:

Light weight
good warranty
good looks

I've been using the Easton Carbon bar for nearly 2 years, and I ride trails 5 to 6 days a week. I have never had any crushing problems at the stem or bar ends (Titec). I have broken the bar twice, in both cases I also broke my helmet and my collar bone. Both times it broke at a bar end, and was still ridable. Both times, Easton was very responsive and replaced the bar promptly. I think that when you are using a product who's main advantage is weight, then you should expect it to be more prone to damage in a crash situation. The CT2 is an excellent product.