Crank Brothers Iodine 11 Riser Handlebar

Iodine 11 Riser

Light weight, high modulus carbon riser bar weight: 178g material: high modulus carbon rise: 30mm width: 680mm up sweep: 5º back sweep: 6º bar clamp: 31.8mm color: carbon

Douglas   All Mountain Rider [Jul 14, 2015]
Strength:

Looks

Flex

Bought the 780 width and found them to be incredibly flexible. Lots of unwanted flex in low speed maneuvers and lots of hand pump on long aggressive descents. Bucked up and bought the ENVEs like I originally should have

TimT   Weekend Warrior [May 10, 2012]
Strength:

Light and fit my hands and wrist.

None that I can think of

I had a set of Salsa bars on the bike. The bend (think it was 11 deg) put my wrists in a weird angle and it hurt after a while. Looked for a bar with less angle and notice some of my bros were using Crank Brothers bars so I figured I'd try them out. They seemed to have the bend I was looking for and I wanted carbon. Good quality bar and fit and finish are excellent. I've put about 100 miles on them and really like them.

Similar Products Used: Many differant bars over the years. Mostly aluminum.
MTB Pilot   Weekend Warrior [Sep 13, 2011]
Strength:

Light strong and great looking.

none so far

I bought the 740mm 9 degree sweep. They are very stiff, great looking and super light at 160 grams! They have a 2 year warranty and Crankbrothers has always back their products when I've had any problems, which hasn't been many. If you want wide carbon bars that are light enough for XC and strong enough for everything else, these are for you. What more can you say?

GIJosh84   Weekend Warrior [Aug 09, 2011]
Strength:

Great looking, light, strong.

Crankbro's own grip's (Cobalt) end caps had to be modified to fit onto these bars.

These bars look and work sweet. I did not get a chance to scale these before I installed them, but they are advertised as 178G. If you are curious, the stock alloy bars off of my 11 Giant Revel 0 scaled in at 373g.

The 30mm rise was nice, but what really blew me away was the backsweep. On a steep decline, this helped me feel as if I had allot more control and leverage over bump steer.

These bars are also strong. Being my first carbon set, I was hesitant after reading reviews of other carbon products, people where saying carbon is brittle and will snap easily.

I'm new to clipless pedals and just down right new to riding, and I can attest, these bars have survived some pretty gnarly crashes..