Club Roost Roost Comp 2 Handlebar

Roost Comp 2

Club Roost Comp 2

Lexa Doig   Cross Country Rider [Jan 31, 2004]
Strength:

Didn't break yet.

Weight and labelling.

I purchased the IDB-150 model, printed on the bar was the inscription:

165 grams

I put in on my weighing scale it tipped 180 grams!!! This is false advertisement! Do not buy Club Roost products!

If I'm gonna bonk on my next ride the extra 15 grams on this bar is to blame!!!

Similar Products Used: Haro, JD Components, Kalloy, etc
Dougal   Weekend Warrior [Mar 05, 2002]
Strength:

very cheap, comes with optional brace, range of colours

slight creaking from teh brace, fixed by greasing. apart from that they look a little thin to inspire confidence when used for a long time.

excellent bars. in about 5 years of riding I haven't found a set of bars that match me as well as the club roost's. they have a nice easy sweep in them and are just about long enough to feel really good. just stick on and enjoy teh improved ride!

Similar Products Used: tioga risers, worldforce risers
Darin Chester   Weekend Warrior [Mar 04, 2002]
Strength:

Stiff, came with cross bar but I never used, came long enough so you can cut off if necessary.

Bland looks, nothing more.

I think they kicked ass considering the abuse they got, three weeks in Moab, Downieville, Rubicon, and other fine resorts.

I didn't care too much for the cross bar, plus i didn't want to bash my knee on it if i bailed. I painted them black after a couple years and masked off the Club Roost brand, turned out fine. I wrecked a few times but never bothered the bars. The rise and sweep were great for XC riding, anything higher and it would have been uncomfortable. I cut mine to 25" from 27".

If you're looking for a good pair of bars consider these. I got them in silver but i'm sure they come in black by now. I won them through mtbr.com and got them from Aardvark.

Similar Products Used: Used flat bar prior, just bought new Race Face air alloy low risers.
Mark Boden   Weekend Warrior [Jun 24, 2001]
Strength:

Really strong, great price

I originally used to get an un-nerving cracking sound from the brace, this was fixed by using a dab of grease between the bar and the brace

Great, cheap bar... No problems really with this. I use it for everyday riding but its more than strong enough for DH... One annoying thing is that the brace means you struggle to fit a cycle computer or light bracket.

Steve   Cross-Country Rider [Jul 16, 1999]
Strength:

Good width and rise. VERY comfortable on the wrists and back.

A little heavy, but less than a flat bar w/ bar ends.

Once trying a riser bar I won't go back to flat bars. I have the 30 mm rise which is just right. I run it without the brace for cross-country riding.

Similar Products Used: Flat bars only.
Ben (ICEMAN) Estdale   Weekend Warrior [Sep 28, 2000]
Strength:

Reliability, Price

Average looks

Boring looks hide a very capable control stick. the only problems so far is a slight losening in the brace which I have fixed by supergluing the bolt on when tight, No probs since!!!

Similar Products Used: Trans-X Cheapo bar
tim   Racer [Nov 02, 1999]
Strength:

strong, reasonably lightweight, optional brace, price

hard to get/keep grips on, brace is fiddly to fit (diffent colour as well)

its an okay handlebar, considering the price , the finish looks good but its not exactly optimum for putting grips on (they slip a lot) but thats a fairly common default, the rise and sweep are work well and they are comfortable to use, overall they are a good bar to use. they handle well over jumps and bumps and stuff and maintenance is mininmal.