Bontrager Race Lite Mtn Handlebar

Bontrager Race Lite Mtn Handlebar

• Fabricated from 7075-T6 custom butted aluminum
  • Shot peened surface finish for increased fatigue life
  • Extra wide 600mm width for extra leverage
  • Super sharp full color graphics
  • New 7 degree bend for the ultimate in comfort
  • Exhaustively tested in the field and in the lab and built to last

• USER REVIEWS

[Oct 09, 2003]
    Tomasz Rusiecki

Strength:

perfect geometry: 600mm width and 7 degree bend - between xc and fr

it's not weight 149g, but exactly 170g :(

It's really good product. I'm ridding 12.000 - 15.000 km per year and after two years using of this bar it still look almost like brand new. This bar is stiff and strong. for me this is one of the best bontrager products

there is no products with similar geometry

[Jan 17, 2003]
    Micky

Strength:

Nice bend. Great leverage. Durable.

None.

This is the 4th bar on this bike. I've finally found it. The Bontrager has and aggresive riding position with good leverage becouse of the 600mm width. I also like the comfortable 7 degree sweep. Perfect strong handlebar.

Ritchey, Answer ProTaper, Icon 2", Monkey Lite,

[Apr 30, 2003]
    Max N.

Strength:

-great ergonomics
    *7degrees backsweep is perfect angle for my wrists
    *Not a riser bar. Those give me numb hands because of the upsweep.
    *600mm wide.
    -Strong: survived through many crashes.
    -Not too pricey

-Al bar: I wish they could make the exact same bar out of carbon. More durable, lighter and more comfy.

Great product.
    I have tried many bars before finding it.
    I will buy another one if it breaks.

Titec low rise
    Ritchey pro flat
    Answer hyperlite

[Jun 25, 2002]
    Freddie

Strength:

600mm length: This is an ideal length for me. I get the extra leverage and control without getting ridiculously wide. Also, the 7 degree bend is very comfortable.

None. The only thing I can say is that the added sweep back will shorten your reach to the bars slightly, perhaps necessitating a longer stem for some.

A really good set of bars. For 2002, the bars come in a 600mm length which feels just right: Extra leverage without getting ridiculously wide. With a wider bar, I prefer a little more sweep to take some of the pressure off of my wrists and the 7 degree bend is very comfortable. Wide flat bars sans bar ends seem to be the latest trend now, and I've noticed this bar on several of the NORBA pros' bikes.

Bontrager Race Modified with 620mm length and 5 degree bend. This is the old style bars that came stock on my Fuel.

[Aug 29, 2002]
    kevin

Strength:

Strong, stiff, and length provides great levaerage for technical riding, degree angle with race lite stem provides optimal riding position for agressive xc riding, the weight is reasonable.

It doesn't weigh 100 grams like EC90.

I love this bar and had enough crashes and trail time on it. I thought about doing a couple of things to it when I first bought the bike: cutting the length or upgrading to an EC90. The weight weenie in me. But, the length gives me some great leverage in technical situations and it's strong and stiff. I think it's worth the 50 gram penalty knowing I won't break this bar. With the race lite stem, I like the ergonomic of it to with the 7 degree bend. I'm keeping it, and the 50 grams in weight, and $120 for the EC90. Extremly happy with this.

Titec 118 Ti Bar, Kore Lite Bar, generic crap from my early mtb past.