Bontrager Race Lite EA70 Handlebar Handlebar

Bontrager Race Lite EA70 Handlebar Handlebar

Bontrager Race Lite EA70 Handlebar

[May 20, 2000]
paul B

The Bontrager Race Light is the best bar for the money.
It's light and strong, I mean STRONG! I have had mine for
3 1/2 years. Just about every ride I'm either getting ejected or laying the bike down or finding a tree. Crashing is what I seem to do best. I put a Carbon bar on my new bike,
Broke it in a week. Bontrager was back on. And is going to stay on.
5x5 Flamin' Chilis Buy this Bar!

[May 26, 2000]
SGT ROCK

Keith's stuff stacks up well against everyting else. Factor in the price, and it's the best deal around. My first Race Lite bar is still being used on my '97 TREK, so naturally I put one on my new 2000 GIANT.

Keith won't put his name on crap. Top drawer product.

Control Tech, Titec

[Dec 21, 2000]
Jon

Strength:

Light & Short (if you like short handlebars)

Thin, Breaks easily

Good bar for XC cuz its light, but dont hit on anything. I Fell one day, sheared off 1/8 of my bar. Sucked cuz my ride wasnt over yet and my handlebars were too short to have good control. I had to by a new bar and start my ride all over.

Specialized Longboy

[Aug 02, 2000]
Avva

Strength:

Weight

FLEXY! Short - 560 mm.

It's flexy. I fear to climb and jump with that handlebar.

[Nov 20, 1999]
TREE

Strength:

cool looking
strong
light
just everything

none so far

Those bars should be sold for more.
good quality for cheap.
5 hot sh*t with no question asked

icon
ritchey

[Oct 08, 1999]
Jerry
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Light
good finish

It's a great looking light bar that doesn't scratch everytime you look sideways at it. I'm 6'5 210lbs and I don't notice any flex. SuperGo has these for $15 and for another $15 you can add the Race Lite bar-ends at 110 grams. For the price you can't beat this setup. Nice Stuff!

Kore lite
Ritchey Force-lite
Specialized Special-Rise

[Apr 12, 1999]
Webb Phillips
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

Strong, Light, Reinforced ends.

Not as light as a carbon bar (though perhaps stronger?)

This bar is very strong, and about as light as practical for Easton Aluminum 70. I've crashed on it many times, breaking wheels and shiters and causing barends to face the wrong direction, but the bar has lived through it all without a scratch.

[Mar 18, 1999]
Mark
Cross-Country Rider

Strength:

a beautiful bar. Lightweight, strong, very durable. Black finish is extremely tough

I picked this bar up at a race last fall and have been quite pleased with it since. Undamaged despite numerous encounters with trees, rocks, pavement, me... not a scratch on it. Lightweight, and strong too, I like this product!

n/a

[Oct 16, 1998]
Chucko
weekend warrior

Very light, very well made! I went for this bar not for its gram-shaving properties, but for the 9 degree bend. I had to special order it from the LBS, but it was worth it, because the bigger bend fits my hands much better than the standard 5 degree. Seems to hold up reasonably well on my MTB, though I haven't really beaten on it much yet. More info next season...Four chilis, only because I haven't done a real durability test on it yet, and because there ought to be a less expensive way to get a flat bar with more than 5 degrees bend.

[Jun 23, 1998]
Bonechewer
racer

It seems like everyone has a gimick these days and half of them don't live up to the hype. After purchasing the Bontrager EA 70 bar locally I was amazed how light it was. (As the review says 140 grams on the button with the berts) The black coating it nearly indestructable and the quality is really top notch. Probably the most cost effective bar I ever purchased considering I picked it up for $30. So far it's seen 300 miles, 2 biffs, and one direct collision with a tree and still looks like new.