Bontrager Crowbar Race Handlebar

Crowbar Race

• A lightweight riser bar for cross country riding
  • Fabricated from 2014-T6 custom butted aluminum
  • 40mm and 25mm rises 9 or 13 degree bend

• User Reviews (16)

bike junkie   Cross Country Rider [Mar 24, 2001]
    Strength:

good on the back

too narrow.

i think it is a comfortable bar with the exception of being too narrow. i had to add in bar ends to give me a little more room. i'm kinda a big guy though, so i can't hold that against the product. seem to be pretty strong, though i haven't had any real diggers yet. can't feel any flex. they came on my bike but i plan to swap them out soon. if they were only a little bit longer, i would love em!

Gaoo   [Jan 16, 2001]
    Strength:

9 degree bend -fits perfect, not stiff as flat bars, more control

paint is not the most durable (just fly over the bar one time and the paint will go a little), maybe you will have to change you housing if they are short, be not a major problem

An other good product from Bontrager, make you feel more confortable while riding (will test in DH this summer), 9 degree is just good. It's dull we can't see the crow-bar writing (under the grips). And it's as light as my old Icon flat bar. Throw your flat bar and get this one!

Similar Products Used: Icon, Titec
    James   Weekend Warrior [Jan 07, 2001]
    Strength:

Lighter than the Coda straight bar I replaced. ( degree bend felt natural for my wrists. Excelent ergonomics make this a very comfortable piece. Width is good for bigger guys like me with broad shoulders.

My Sachs grip shift system puts the brake levers in a less than optimal place but it is not THAT bad. Should be perfect with a rapid fire setup. I still use bar ends with this setup so not using bar ends would put everything into place.

Comfort and control dude! Makes the Cannondale feel like a motocrosser. The riding position is more neutral and not so far forward as it was with the flat bar. I resisted the riser thing untill I put them on my M80. After a long ride last Saturday, my aching back said to get a set for the Cannondale. Very solid.

Similar Products Used: I have a good Profile riser on my 2001 Raleigh M80.
    Ryan S.   Cross Country Rider [Dec 30, 2000]
    Strength:

low cost, gets people to buy it with false advertisement

everything but price, flexs to much when your out the saddle and push down, you can feel it flex downward. . .

Hmmm... -not enough strength!!, and no one else mentioned because their not riding hard, and have to much trouble with the steel flat bars on their LX-level bikes!!!!

-you'll be lured into purchasing it, because of the cheap cost, and a popular name brand "bontrager", putting their name on something designed for financial income, rather than for the consumers.........

-i only give this a 1 cause theres no 1/2, the 1/2 is for the price. . .!

Similar Products Used: well, a profile bar flexs too!! but a nashbar, well, that just snaps and breaks...
    James Edison   Cross Country Rider [Dec 30, 2000]
    Strength:

Strong, low rise

wide, mite have to chop it

these are great...they're a little wide..but thats better than to thin..i like them but im deiberating wheather to go to a flat bar while they have the titec enduros at ..not gonna say..for 9 bucks

Similar Products Used: flat alloys
    Greg   Weekend Warrior [Nov 01, 2000]
    Strength:

Strong, no flex and comfortable.

A little tight when it comes time to find space to mount a Light

Nice change from flat bar. I am still ajusting to climbing with them.

Similar Products Used: All types of flat bars
    Edge   [Jun 30, 2000]
    Strength:

13 degree rake

Maybe weight for the weenies

Bought a new Fisher Sugar 3 after year on a rigid. It came with flat bars. I crashed the thing 3 times because I was always over the front wheel. I put this bar on and it was like a new ride. Perfect balance. I now put flat bars in the same catagory as biopace chain ringes. History.

Bontrager knows bars.

Similar Products Used: flat w/bar ends and high neck
    Ed   Weekend Warrior [Apr 20, 2000]
    Strength:

Comfort, decent light weight, cool looks

These bars came stock on my bike, and at first I was skeptical cause I've been riding flats for years. After a test ride, my initial reaction was that these were comfy and cool looking, but how will it perform on the trail with the steep climbs.

After a year of riding these, I love it. Sure, it was easier to climb steep pitches with my flats and bar ends, but I can climb the same hills, I just have to shift my body weight around a little.

I began mountain biking on a 1984 Specialized Stumpjumper with riser bars and I'm sticking with riser bars now.