Bontrager Crowbar Cr-Mo Handlebar

Crowbar Cr-Mo

Bontrager Crowbar Cr-Mo

Jeff   Cross Country Rider [Mar 18, 2001]
Strength:

Comfortable hand position
Good for people with very wide shoulder(not me)but you can always cut them down

Heavy, heavy, heavy
riser puts you in a more upright position which raises your center of gravity and puts less weight on the front tire(which is bad)

If you dont care about weight or handling, these bars are ok. As for me I switched my old straight bar over to my new trek.

Similar Products Used: straight bar - double butted aluminum
Tony Garcia   Racer [Oct 13, 2000]
Strength:

real stiff and daliver's all the leverage I could ask for in any condition.

aahh.....NOT.

TOTALY MOTO.....AND NOT RECOMENDED FOR GRAM COUNTERS!BLACK ON BLACK ON BLACK.

Similar Products Used: control tec (flat bar),ibis ti. (flat bar)
Lazy   [Feb 01, 2001]
Strength:

Solide and very good levrage

I love that bar and i got one for my Kona scab and A'ha. The levrage let me try anything and give the greatest handling.

Similar Products Used: All kind of bar.
Tim Daniels   Cross Country Rider [Sep 05, 2002]
Strength:

Wide enough for some real leverage
Strong (steel is very forgiving and WAY more resistant to fatigue than aluminum).
Light (for steel) I've had heavier aluminum bars.
Available in 9 and 15 degree sweep.
Stiff (the cross bar keeps it from flexing when I'm really standing on it).

Heavy (if you're a weight weenie).

This is a great bar at a budget price. I was skeptical at first. I wasn't sure what to expect but I ordered it anyway. I don't think I could have made a better choice for my particular situation. I'm 6'4", 220 lbs and needed a wider bar for leverage that would be able to take the stress and strain I put on it when standing on the gas pedals while cranking up a big hill with a 2:1 gear ratio. I highly recommend it for any clydesdale on many applications especially where extra leverage is desired. As was stated previously, if you're overly concerned about weight go find yourself a nice lightweight aluminum bar...to the tune of $75 or $100.

Similar Products Used: Race Face Low rise
Titec Hell Bent
Dave S   Weekend Warrior [Apr 03, 2008]
Strength:

Tough, the slight rise is perfect for comfort, nice looks (have a motocross-style crossbar), light for a steel bar

They require an adaptor to fit normal 25.4mm mounts!(to be fair, they did include one)

I mostly ride on surfaced trails that have varying terrain, including washouts. Comfort is important to me, as is leverage. Bars were actually too wide, so I took 3/4" off each end with a tubing cutter; now they are perfect. No squeaks, bending, flexing, just solid the whole time! I love these bars. If structure and comfort matter more to you than all-out performance, these are your bars!

Similar Products Used: Many!
Mike   Cross Country Rider [Mar 30, 2000]
Strength:

Comfortable, cool-looking (w/ crossbar), strong enough for anyone, good price

no room for bar accessories, Heavy!!!

I'm glad I added the riser to my bike, it's been a good addition. It added a half-pound (@370 grams), but hey I can deal with that. It's really stiff and looks cool... not a bad product.