Bontrager Corwbar Comp Handlebar

Bontrager Corwbar Comp Handlebar

• Constructed from 4130 Cro-moly steel and has a one-of-a-kind welded crossbar
  • 40mm of rise helps you maneuver through technical sections with ease
  • A bomber rise bar for aggressive road riding

• USER REVIEWS

[Jun 04, 2003]
    Rodger Sawer
    Downhiller

Strength:

everything... it is reinforced for superior strength. light and strong. and it looks really cool

truthfully... not too much... never had a problem with it.

this is the best bar i have tried. never a problem ... extremely strong...and relatively very light. amazing reinforced bar. great for any type of riding....including dh, xc, fr, and urban.

funn dh bar, kona dh bar

[Sep 23, 2006]
    Norberto

Strength:

Durable, strong, comfortable, very cool looking, affordable, unique.

None so far.

I originally purchase these bars with the 9* sweep a few years back for my Jamis Dakota AL. I loved them so much that when I got my Commencal a few weeks back I had to get another one. This time w/ 13* sweep (wanted 9* but could only find 13*).
    The Commencal came with wider bars, but I personally prefer the narrower Crowbar Comp (~ 1 3/4 smaller). Also, I orginally bought them because of the 40mm rise. Put me at a more comfortable riding position. These bars have lasted a while. They are strong and comfortable. Best of all they look awesome! If I ever need another set, I will definately hunt around for these again.

[Aug 07, 2005]
    Scott

Strength:

Love the 5 degree rise, Strong, reasonably lite, cheap(i paid too much, but if you're LBS doesn't rip you off or you get it online it's a great deal) They look awesome, if you're in to that sort of thing

I'm a cynic, so I keep looking, but none so far.

A GREAT set of handlebars. Worth every penny. I highly recommend this.

[Aug 01, 2003]
    Doug Brummett

Strength:

Tough, cool looking with the moto crossbar, steal

weight(not terrible, but not good either), width

I have had these bars since 1999. The only complaints I can come up with after all that time is that they are a tad heavy for a light xc bike and that they are a tad narrow for a dh/fr bike (they now make the XXl DH that is about 28" wide).

The bend on these bars is very comfortable. The style is nice. There is plenty of room for shifters and brakes.

I weigh in at over 200lb with the gear on and ride everything from urban to xc races on these bars. I haven't been able to break them, nor should I. About the only way I can think to hurt them is to leave em out in the weather and let them get rusty. Otherwise they will likely outlast me.

Tried tons of bars, but these usually make it back onto the bike

[Apr 02, 2002]
    AARON

Strength:

VERY STIFF,THE STRENGTH OF STEEL MEANS NOT HAVING TO REPLACE IT EVERY 2 YEARS.

CROSS BAR MAKES MOUNTING LIGHTS AND COMPUTERS A CHALLENGE.NOT AS LIGHT AS SOME MAY LIKE.

VERY GOOD RISER BAR FOR SOMEBODY THAT PUTS STRENGHT OVER LIGHT WEIGHT.COOL LOOKS IN ALL BLACK WITH WELDED CROSS BAR.
    COMFORTABLE HAND POSITION AND RISE.

ANSMER,RITCHEY

[May 10, 2004]
    Doug Brummett

Strength:

Tough, inexpensive

a little narrow, a little heavy.

Follow up on these bars. I had ridden these bars off and on since 1999. I got them from my manager who had ridden them for about a year before me. That's almost 6 years worth of abuse by 200lb+ guys. However all good things must come to an end. This weekend shooting a waterbar jump I rutted the landing and the bars gave. They bent down on one side and forward on both leaving me with about a 2* backsweep instead of the factory 9*. To their testament they held for the rest of my ride, allowing some more tentative jumps and good fun.

I still think these bars are great bang for the buck, just wanted to post this up so others would know that they aren't indestructable.

Easton, Azonic, Race Face, etc...

[Apr 07, 2002]
    Greg Rogers

Strength:

STRONG, nice rearward sweep, looks good in yellow

heavy, not alot of room for accessories

if you like strenth over weight...GET IT!!! it looks good and out performs most others. for riders that are weight savers .... GET OVER IT AND GET THIS BAR.

[Jun 28, 2004]
    Derek Manuge

Strength:

Never bent, dent, or even shifted these bars. Very Strong 2-piece bars. Never tested anything better.

None so Far.

Amazing! Buy it worth the money if you dual slalom, 4x, downhill, dirt jumping, urban assualt, trials, north-shore style riding, or all mounatin. yah there good for everything. I just got these bars and now i can bunnyhop higher, manual farther, pull up better, maintain balance better, and even catwalk longer. This bar improves!

Kona DH, Zoom (bad), Kalin (bad), Haro, etc.