Azonic Pyramid Double Wall Riser Bar Handlebar

Pyramid Double Wall Riser Bar

the standard P.D.W. bar features double wall cold forged construction from 2014 Alcoa® super duralumin aluminum combined with the standard sized O.D. center. This bar also features laser etched graphics, textured finish on the ends for better grip adhesion and is a full 28" wide. Patented design. Guaranteed for five years.

Available in Black and Polished in 1.5", 2.0", 2.5"

tony   [Dec 23, 2000]
Strength:

uh i like the colour

i am not best pleased these bars snapped on me whilst riding trials
one side just twisted off the plastic insert saved me from certain loss of teeth , i would buy them again although i am not 100% confident riding with them but they are replced free under the 5 year wareenty
also the joint between the central p[art and the end length is dodgy

buy them but if you are a hardcore rider like myself be warned , they may snap which will certainly piss you off

Similar Products Used: worldforce risers hmmmmmm NICE
G-man   Cross Country Rider [Sep 10, 2000]
Strength:

At $35 this is a great deal. I got the 1.5", black. Very roomy cockpit feel (27" wide). Precise control. I am a big guy and these give me the room I was craving.

Strong, stiff!

Watch out for trees that are only 23" apart (the old flat bar width).

If you can get one, go for it. They rule.

Similar Products Used: Control Tech, GT
tony   [Jun 02, 2001]
Strength:

hmm not much

the join

as you can see from the review below this is about 6 months on from when i recieved another pair through the warrenty , this pair snapped again , exactly the same place , only this time when i was jumping , was i happy? no i was not
im am recieving another pair through my lbs who are well good about replacing them considering i didnt buy then from them
all i would say is ill give them one more chance and then i give up , i have chaged to double waslls for my jump bike so ill see how those fair
as far as im concerned this 5 year warrenty is pointless , i mean they dont even last a year
although i love to ride them the position is great so i cant say i hate them , only annoyed by the design

Similar Products Used: pyramids , see review below also world force
Wyatt   Weekend Warrior [Nov 22, 2000]
Strength:

Strong

Poor design

The large outer wall section extends too far towards the end of the bar. LX integrated shifter/brake levers gear indicators hit the outer bar so you have to position the shifters right next to the grip putting the brake lever in a very bad position (This is why the bar ended up on my 4300 commuter/practice bike.). Even with shifters that don't hit the outer bar you may not be able to slide the brake lever/shifter far enough inward to get a good 2 finger pull position on your brake lever (as is the case with the Acera shifter/levers). If you need to cut the bar down you're really out of luck.

Other than that I feel that there is too much of an upward bend on the bars causing too much wrist pronation unless you severely rotate the bar towards the seat.

If you have a single speed I might consider these bars, otherwise I would pass on the PDW gimmick and get a normal bar.

Similar Products Used: Race Face Air Alloy Riser
justin   Cross Country Rider [Aug 19, 2000]
Strength:

Looks awesome, extremely stiff, great control, laser etching, near 300 grams for 2.5 rise, only paid $35

no longer available in blue or red

It is nearly impossible to find a better bar than this, especially for the $35 I paid for it at jensonusa! For this price, it gets 5 flamin' turds.

Similar Products Used: icon onyx flat bar, bontrager crowbar race
Sean Murphy   Downhiller [Aug 02, 2000]
Strength:

This bar is awsome, it is the stiffist bar i have ever rode other than the chubby. plus it plain old looks cool

not a whole lot of grip space

Stiff, these bars do NOT give at all that is all there is to it.

Similar Products Used: Salsa moto ace bar, coda riser
phil   Cross Country Rider [Jul 26, 2000]
Strength:

strong as hell, beautifull, wide!, beefy, cool- factor

the outer wall kinda limits the "usable" bar space

its the coolest bar ever! but i might have to sell it to get a white bros ti. bar (im addicted to ti.) e-mail me if you want to buy it for cheap

Similar Products Used: titec ti.
Aaron   [Jul 19, 2001]
Strength:

Erm they are really stong in the middle

At the ends, you know where you clamp all your controls to, they really art that strong, and theres not enough room for a Hope Sport lever and xtr shifter to work together. and they are way to wide, u need to cut them down but cant because of the stupidly wide 27"s....

well these bars are totaly f*****g s**t, i was lucky when i snapped my first pair, i was crankin home from work and the went.. no injurys, but azonic didnt seem to care they just went. The second pair was funny because my boss snapped them when i was workin for halfords, and i got another free pair that i didnt even ride, i sold them to someone who is riskin there life everytime they ride. Azonic please recall all these bars, THERE S**T

Similar Products Used: well this is my 2nd pair! my old Club Roost Sport bars were stronger i think
Mark Groot   Downhiller [Apr 03, 2002]
Strength:

WIDE and TALL, baby! Stiff like your dead grandmother yet light like the Asian mistress that your wife don't know about yet!

They don't make 'em anymore....dangit

I don't know what the guys below did to snap their bars. I posted this review to give the product a more balanced rating, because I've ridden mine hard for a year on a 5" travel fork, and I have 100% confidence in this bar. The width (28") and the rise (2.5") make this the ultimate steep trail/dropoff bar. When I switched from my Answer to this bar, I couldn't get over the fact that it is 2" wider and 1.5" taller than my Answer, but yet still noticeably lighter! Crazy! If you can find one, buy it. If you don't want it, sell it to me.

Similar Products Used: Answer Alumilite DH (the one straight off the MX production line), Club Roosts,
Joni Bigodes   Downhiller [Aug 18, 2002]
Strength:

the right length for great balance and precision

not much space for shifters/brake levers
cracking sounds after 6 months

I was a happy man the day I bought the handlebar. Once I mounted, I realised that the double wall thing was a pain in the ass... I had to remove the shifting indicators on my xt's so I could put the shifters as away as possible from the grips (and it still was the brake levers to mount.) anyway... once the mounting was done, in the trails it showed the confidance I needed. The length was noticed on the steadiness of the bike and provided comfort for my shoulders. I tought the little cockpit space available for shifters and brake levers was a minor setback. until now.. not a year as passed since I bought it and it is cracking like hell. I don't touch my bike 'cause I'm afraid that it will snap and I end up face-planted in the ground. Now I'm saving money for a new handlebar. Any suggestions?