Azonic P.D.W. Chubby Handlebar

By engineering the double wall design "outside" and creating an outer, reinforced patented sleeve we were able to increase strength, while decreasing weight and improving overall bar performance. The P.D.W. CHUBBY bar features cold forged construction from 2014 Alcoa® super duralumin aluminum combined with the new oversized 28.6 O.D. center, laser etched graphics, textured finish on the ends for better grip adhesion and is a full 28" wide.

Available rises: 1", 1.5", 2", 2.5"
Available colors: Black Red, Blue and Polished.
10 year guarantee.

killabyte   Weekend Warrior [Aug 30, 2010]
Strength:

wide, strong, nice look

cant move brake levers and shifters center side enough

Looks great, feels great, is strong enough for me. i dont like that the handlebar is made of joining 2 bars so there is a midway joint that doesnt let you move the controls away from the bar end so you cant use one fingered brake.

There are some shimano brake levers and shifters that let you remove the shifter indicator and place the brake lever center sided.

Coop   Weekend Warrior [Mar 29, 2006]
Strength:

Looks great. Seems indestrcutable. Took a few 10ft + drops.

CREAKS like Frankstien's labratory door. CREAK! CREAK! CREAK! Its drving me nuts.

CREAKY! I hate the creaking! I want a different bar!

Similar Products Used: Easton Monkey Bar, EC7o carbon, FSA riser, Kalloy OS riser, Kore
Linus Malm   Downhiller [Jan 14, 2002]
Strength:

Strenght, nice sweep and strenght!

Could have more space to fit grips

It isn't the cheapest bar around, but on the otherside I never have to worry about my bars being bent if I crash..
Ofcourse the fact that they have THE perfect shape, that just feels soo good, might give Azonic a reason to take sucht a high price for these bars.

Similar Products Used: 24/7 cromoly bars
Hormis Kalarickal   Downhiller [Jan 04, 2002]
Strength:

great bar allows for easy ups easy manuals easy on the eyes

this bar is awesome the only thing is that you need the stem to accomidate it and it is well worth it

Similar Products Used: pdw not the chubby but the skinny which is also an awesome bar
Trevor Thornton   Downhiller [Aug 17, 2006]
Strength:

They have an awesome bend, and felt really stable. They look pretty sweet. The wide bars put you into a very stable riding position. You can get them cheap in a ton of places.

They broke on me. I only weigh 140 olbs, and I had not crashed majorly since getting them, so the integrity had not beenseverly comprimised. I was riding a rock garden, and next thing I knew, I was tumbling down the hill. I am honestly surprised they have not been recalled yet, as this is not the first time this has happened by any means. Whenever you have doublewall tubing, it's going to have a ton of stress at the junction. Bad design. I damaged my BRAND NEW 66RC2X, and got severely hurt because of the ensuing crash. I only had the bars for about 8 months, and I rode pretty infrequently, so they should not have failed, esecially in this manner. So basically, do not buy these bars. They fail catastrophically as opposed to bending, and THAT IS BAD.

Also, the small grip area made it so that I had a hard time using lock on grips, and also I could not cut them down AT ALL.

Azonic PDW Chubby=Bad.

I do want to add that Azonic was decent about the warranty, but I no longer trust these bars, so I will be selling the replacements...

Similar Products Used: A ton of bars, except the other one's didn't break.
Paul   Downhiller [Sep 28, 2001]
Strength:

Strong to start off and has had some big gaps drops and jumps tolerated.
never bent just snapped!

OK now to the point, i bought this bar expecting it would last me at least over a year i bought it knowing it was a double wall D/H, D/S bar that could take wat ever u throw at it. the other day i was just cruisin on the road and decided to just give a quick manual but oh no the bar had to snap as soon as i lifted the bars. load of crap!
it was a clean snap to!
ok so i took it back to goldcross to see wat was the situation was wit the warrenty. nah sorry m8 cant give u warrenty on that cause u use it for thrashing's and d/s well if u cant do that with it then WTF are u sposed to do with it. so then i had to put up with buyin the same bar for a discount of 30bucks wat a load of F@cked up SH!t!!!!
my m8 in a diff bike shop is now goin to take it straight to a rep and he is more then sure it will have warrenty so stick that up ur ass goldcross!

always go straight to the source for warrenty if the bike shop doesnt cause there in it for the money not the faults!!
also for those handle bar deigners make the bar to a certain point solid aluminium even if its a bit heavier at least it wont snap and i for one will buy it and so will many other riders out there!!!

Nick   Downhiller [Sep 03, 2001]
Strength:

Very Strong and Fat thats why I brought it

not enough grip room, can't put brake handles close enough to centre for 2 finger braking

wouldn't want any other bar as the rest are puss,y and break.

Similar Products Used: Bontranger Crowbar
Eder Savio   Downhiller [May 10, 2007]
Strength:

Color resistant to scratches.

No enough space for to assemble the brake levers for one finger use.
Heavy.
It is hard to find 28.6 stem.

There are several affordable handlebars more light and stiff than Chubby. I like Tioga DH 2000.
I don't use my new U$ 130 Chubby because there is not enough space for to assemble the brake levers for one finger use...

Similar Products Used: Tioga DH, Haro, Specialized, Roox tork bar.
Darrell F   [Feb 21, 2001]
Strength:

the strength is it's strenght!
is unbreakabe.anf i few the different for turning.

little over built...but who cares

UNBREAKABLE

Similar Products Used: damn norco GE bar, some stiff bh bar,titec dh bar........they all bended
Arthur Gaillot   Downhiller [Dec 28, 2000]
Strength:

Wide, nice angle (2.5), good looking, completely flex-free.

HUGE WEAKNESS: not enough SPACE for shifter/brake lever/grips.

I bought this bar about 3 weeks ago. When I installed them i was very disappointed to see that you couldn't push back the brake levers in because of the outer sleeve. I like to have my levers far inside the handlebar to only have one finger braking, this permits one not to have arm pump and to hold the bar with four fingers. This REALLY makes a difference on the long DH courses here in France. I thought i'd get used to having my levers against my shifters and grips (I had to take off the outside metal collar of the lock on to fit everything in!) but i just can't, my hands feel cramped and i don't feel stable at all. I rally wanted to like this bar and felt very much in confidence with the 10 year warranty, but i couldn't get used to it. I sold the Chubby and purchased a Pro Taper, a little less wide but better angles, light, roomy, gold colored hehe;)