Answer Pro Taper Handlebar

Pro Taper

Answer Pro Taper Aluminum Riser Bar 31.8mm: Proprietary 7075 aluminum alloy: patented drawn/tapered wall design. Shot-peened and anodized with laser-etched graphics.

BokorSolo   Weekend Warrior [Dec 26, 2009]
Strength:

Super light handlebar. wide enough for everything and narrow enough for tricky stuff. very ergonomic in terms of bend zones. Comes in a sweet gold color.

None.

Awesome XC handlebar. Would recommend this to anybody looking to shave some weight off their bike and want a cool looking bar too. This is by far one of the most comfortable bars I have ever used on my bikes. Second only to the Titec. Would definitely buy it again if I had another hard tail that was in need of an upgrade.

Similar Products Used: Titec Hellbent Prolite
schlim   Cross Country Rider [Oct 05, 2008]
Strength:

Great rise and angle, strong, no flex, good width for control, nice shot-peen finish, comparatively lightweight.

None found!

This is a great bar. The rise and angle are just right for wrist comfort and bike control. I wouldn't run anything else on a full suspension bike. Best handlebar ever.

Similar Products Used: Salsa Pro Moto flat, Easton superlight, Truvativ XR riser, Bontrager riser.
Seth   Cross Country Rider [Jul 16, 2003]
Strength:

Got it for an amazing price on sale although I was planning on buying them anyway. Fairly lightweight and very strong (I weigh almost 200 lbs and they can support me pretty well). They have a decent rise, which I particularly like since I am on a 21" frame. They are in a comfortable position and have not bent like my last handlebar. The damping is good, but not enough to make me feel uneasy

Havent found any yet.

A great set of handlebars for anybody who wants light weight, high strength, and durability. Today, some old guy opened his car door right infront of me and I hit it at around 20 mph. The handlebars didnt budge, though I cant say the same for the rest of my bike.

Similar Products Used: Stock schwinn alimunum handlebars
David   [Sep 26, 2005]
Strength:

Xcelent bend, strong, light.

Very light bar, excelent bend. Cut 1/2 inch off ends to get between trees a bit better. Same bar on 2nd bike in almost 2 years without a problem, just like Grom at Sunshine said it would be.

Similar Products Used: Azonic risers
chris   Weekend Warrior [Jul 06, 2007]
Strength:

looks, stength, stability due to wideness

some cool logos get covered up by grips

best 47 dollars i've ever spent on my bike. it may seem like 47 dollars is a lot for a new handle bar, but the wideness of the 27 inch one gives you so much more stability and balance, and you can pop your front wheel up a lot higher, probably because you get better leverage or something. it was a snap to install and seems like it will last forever!! If you're at all interested in becoming more stable on your bike, DO YOURSELF A FAVOR BY GETTING THESE HANDLE BARS. i strongly suggest getting these handle bars in the 27-inch size because they are so stable. even if your current handle bars are in fine shape, these ones really improve your skills....
also, get them at jansonusa.com bacause they are cheap there..................

Similar Products Used: stock handlebar, crowbar on old bike
Bo Toichi   Weekend Warrior [Mar 08, 2002]
Strength:

quality, durability, strength

I never noticed that my bars were flexing until I got the ProTapers. They are a quality product that I would recommend to anyone. They are probably the last handlebars I will ever need to buy. Well worth the money.

Similar Products Used: Koski straight bar, Titec Hellbent riser
Alex   Cross Country Rider [Feb 28, 2002]
Strength:

The bar is STRONG

I become overconfident and start to do stupid stuff

I was hesitant to put a riser bar on my bike. I thought that it would affect my climbing ability. It did... they climb better than my straight bars w/ bar ends. I crashed a bunch and they are still on my bike, unbent. I couldn't say the same for myself.

Similar Products Used: titec straight bar
John Burmeister   [Feb 23, 2002]
Strength:

They have a great look and are a virtually unbendable handlebar, Very lightweight , There protapers all the moto-crossers have'em

The price is a bit steep

A GREEEEEEEEAAAAAAT Handlebar, YOur an all around rider and you dont worry bout budget but you worry about quality and style

Similar Products Used: Nashbar riserbar
Robert Fish   Weekend Warrior [Nov 08, 2002]
Strength:

Strength and durability, manly width, weight, quality finish and appearance.

Stickers did not last long. (who really cares?)

Durable product that has stood up to the test of time. Wide bars give great control. Excellent vibration damping without being "flexy". Major improvement over narrow, flat bars. Not the least expensive, but worth the price. Buy and forget product. 5 and 5.

Similar Products Used: Various flat bars, cheapo risers.
Silver23   Weekend Warrior [Dec 16, 2001]
Strength:

Not too heavy, Durable and good looks, Wide enough but not too wide.

Haven't found one yet.

I like this product a lot, it has good reviews and I think for good reasons. It complements my Bike, It is only outshined by my :

"Ghost Dual Slalom" Frame (review)

which I bought in May 2001. It is a sweet frame, a tad heavy but you need durability if you are riding urban or dual slalom. 2.3 Kg. The frame colour is Gold Anodized. It has reinforcements along the desired points and double gussets where needed. For this frame you need to setup your bike with a long travel fork at least 100 mm. otherwise it gets way too nervous in the handling departement. The rear end of the bike is a real piece of work, nice craftmanship. Havent found any flaws yet with this frame. Ghost makes good bikes through out their complete line of bikes. There are good reviews to find in several Bike mags. I suggest you check some out on the following links:
-Bike Magazine
http://www.bike-magazin.de (Five Stars) *****
-Ghost Dual Racing Frame.
http://www.ghost-bikes.de/english/home.html (Four Stars)****
(sorry in my opinion Steel still Rulez!)

By the way the German "Bike"magazin is one of the finest available. the down side it's not in English, anyway the test and photographs in it are of top notch quality, if you stumble upon one just check it out! The top part is they cover bike stuff globally opposed to some American mags that only stay national!

Similar Products Used: Easton handlebars.