Answer Alumilite 2 Handlebar

Alumilite 2

8 degree by 4 degree compound bend.

Konacopia   Weekend Warrior [Sep 09, 2002]
Strength:

Bombproof
Perfect Rise

Heavy

I've had this bar for over 5 years and it's still going. I just recently transferred this bar from my old rig since it's just so damn strong. One look at the end of the bars and you'll see why. The walls have to be about 4-5 mm thick which gives alot of confidence. This is what makes the bar heavy in everyone's eyes but I don't really notice the weight. The low rise is perfect for me and I happen to like the width of the bar. If you're lucky you can pick these up for pretty cheap if you can still find them. These are perfect if you're on a budget but want a quality item that will hold up to any abuse.

Similar Products Used: Tranz-X
Christophe   Weekend Warrior [Oct 29, 2000]
Strength:

Stong, NO FLEX, still absorb some vibrations. Don't rotate in stem clamp. Cheap- under $40 now. Good bend and sweep. Not too wide.

HEAVY! At least over 350G. Shims cause snap, crack, and pop noises. Can't put plugs in ends- start a dirt collection in the bar-have to use grips w/built on ends but that's ok.

No problems other than creaking. Super deal, super strong. I trust these bars. Plus, Answer just makes good stuff. Don't need a brace - you'll never see a pro with a brace on these!

Just taking 1 chili off for the clysdale weight.

Similar Products Used: Azonic doublewalls (the flex scares me!).
Mark Flood   Downhiller [Apr 04, 2000]
Strength:

the strongest bar on the face of the earth, well priced, very heavy (a good thing in handle bars).

not so easy to find in shops

The most awesome bar on the planet. so strong that I was actually able to sell them 1.5 yrs ago and they are still going. They weigh heaps, but anyone will tell you that someone who buys downhill bars for lightweight will experience a very intimate moment with their stem when they break. They are the only handlebar, except for club roost , which I have not yet destroyed.

Similar Products Used: azonic (SNAP!) TRANZX (SNAP!)anonymous Flat bars (SNAP, SNAP, SNAP!)zoom flat bars (SNAP!) CLUB ROOST, Profile Maniac (SNAP!)
andrew   [Mar 12, 1999]

These basr the best blody bars in the worlds all you guys out there that dont like em u cant ride a bike cause ther the best.
they weigh like a brik 4mm thik that are the best bloody bars.

Ed   weekend warrior [Aug 23, 1998]

I have the answer alumilite handlebar. I put this bar on my Norco Rampage about two years ago. Other than the weight I have been satisfied. However, I am concerned about the creaking sound the bar makes. This occurs when I stand up and shift my weight to the front while hill climbing. I weigh 190Lbs. Is this bar about to snap? If anyone knows let me know. Thanks.

John   weekend warrior [Apr 14, 1998]

They are heavy but good bars. In response to the last poster, OF COURSE they do not warranty crash damage you dumb-ass. Answer was very nice about sending me a shim when I misplaced mine cleaning my bike. They are extremely stiff and do not need a cross brace which makes the weight more competitive. Overall, a very reasonably priced bar.

pete   cross-country rider [Nov 10, 1997]

they suck..answer sucks..two year warranty my ass, if they broke in half in the store before you paid for them, maybe. Mine basically self destructed with the help of some answer hyper ends (also crap), one very small fall and the ends twisted the end of the bar off...answer's response was the warranty does not include crash damage, so what the f*ck does it cover, they suck no chilies, Control Tech Bars are lighter and cheaper

Ernest   weekend warrior [Sep 06, 1997]

Awesome bar, I replaced the factory bar on my Trek with this bar and the bikehandles AWESOME. I los the shims when I moved, I e-mailed answer with my problem and they sent new ones out immediately. Great customer support. They deserve five chillies for customer support alone. The bars get 5 chillies from me.

Knoly   weekend warrior [Aug 01, 1997]

Alumilite? They should be called Alumiheavy. Or, maybe Alumitank. Apart from this downhill bar being heavy and strong enough to use on a motocross bike, it's pretty awsome. Super stiff and no extra top clamp. Yup, it weighs tons, but for downhilling or freeriding (I hate that word), its just great. For steep technical riding, downhill bars are a must.

Gary   weekend warrior [Jul 07, 1997]

Installed the Hyperlite Easton Al handlebar. Previously had an OEM Chromoly bar on. What a difference a handlebar can make! So much lighter and easier to pick up the front wheel! Answer's handlebar's are the best!