Yeti Cycles Soft Grips Grip

Yeti Soft Grips

John   Weekend Warrior [Feb 12, 2007]
Strength:

An upgraded set of grips to replace the stock GT grips on my 1996 GT Ricochet & stock Bontrager Ergo grips on my 2001 Trek Fuel 90 Dsik. Soft compound for comfort and cushioning.

Rotates on handlebar a little to easily.

A very good soft compound grip with cushioning that lasts for years. A reasonable price with four colours to choose from (clear, yellow, red or black). I have these on both of my bikes in the black colour. If you want, you can check out my reviews for "D'Ornellas Bike Shop" & "Pedal Perfomance" in the Bike Shop reviews section of this website (Bike Shop Reviews/Ontario/store name).
Bottom Line: The best grips that I've used to date. Even better then the Bontrager Ergo's that came stock on my 2001 Trek Fuel 90 Dsik.

Similar Products Used: Stock GT grips on my 1996 GT Ricochet & stock Bontrager Ergo grips on my 2001 Trek Fuel 90 Dsik.
FishMan   Cross Country Rider [Nov 30, 2003]
Strength:

Durable, great grippiness good looks

some people say the act like meat tenderizer on the hands

I've had these grips on all of my MTB's for the past 6 years. They rock. Nice and think for a little vibration dampening. Excelent grip even when wet and muddy. And occastionally you can find them in various colors for a little flair. Plus they last forever, I just realized I've had a pair on my XC bike for the past 4 years and after a little cleaning with Simple Green they're as good as new. Look in the bargan bin or dark back corner of your shop and you'll find a pair, a good deal.

Similar Products Used: Onza, Serfas, nothing else in the past 6 years!
chris croyle   Downhiller [Apr 09, 2004]
Strength:

nice grip they stick you you hands and donnot let go

wear fast move alot and the leave a black film on your hands

If you want grips that are expenseive and not worth the money get the bro

Similar Products Used: every grip ever
Wilfred Tang   [Sep 10, 2001]
Strength:

Soft and grip is good, come in many colours.

For light colours, it get dark very fast and the grip be come hard after 2 months

cheap and easy to fix in handbar.

Similar Products Used: NA
matt   racer [Sep 28, 1998]

I had tried many grips before putting these grips on my bike. They looked cool when I bought them, so that should have been my first concern. I installed them using hairspray, like every other mechanic worth a darn does, and they slid on nice. The problem is they still slide on and off real easy. I have them installed on salsa handle bars, and they just won't stay put. There is nothing more irritating than getting to the top of a long climb, and have your grip half way off. Others I have asked said to put zip ties on them to keep them in place. What good does it do to get soft grips if you have to put hard plastic on them to keep them in place.

Jonathan Gose   Weekend Warrior [Aug 05, 1999]
Strength:

Grip well, absorb shock, and look good

very good gripping, cheap, and durable

Similar Products Used: GT dual compond, some others?
celly   cross-country rider [Oct 24, 1997]

I like em. They gave my front-end a whole new feel. A little more plush and I already have a Z2 up front. Very sticky too. Try em.

stonehipee   cross-country rider [Oct 23, 1997]

wonderful grips.help dampen vibrations well eazy on the hands and more durable than i would have thought great grip great price great look

Kevin   [May 01, 2001]
Strength:

These grips are really nice. I have had these for about a month now and I really like them. The grips a very comfortable and grippy almost tacky and are a nice improvement over my stock grips, they also look cool with the large YETI logo.

I can a slight bit of wear around the edges but nothing to get worried about. Also some of the color ( I have the red ones) will turn light black from your gloves after some miles on them. I have found that when you wash and clean you bike, a wet lightly soapy rag will clean this off quite nicely.

I bought these grips without hearing much about them. They immediately felt much nicer than the stock ones I had. If these wear out quicker than those I don't really care, they feel much better and a $12 a pair I guess I will be helping out my local shop

Happy Trails