WTB Technical Trail Grip

WTB Technical Trail Grip

The WTBTechnicalTrail Grips are comfortable slim gripsThat feature built-in zip-tie channelsTo keepThe grip stable in sloppy conditions.TheTechnical grips are easyTo cut and are compatible withTrigger and grip shifters. 130mm x 30mm Medium durometer

[Aug 26, 2012]
cassava

Strength:

good looking

sore hand

I get this one freely. It's given away from my friend or exactly as a bonus with used handlebar that I've bought from him. I use it for a while and take it off again. I felt sore on my wrist after 20-30 minutes on road riding and decided to never use it again.

Vello

[Oct 14, 2010]
00sable

Strength:

Grip has lasted.Light weight.Comfortable

Tore the ends out. Now they won't stay.

Grips work great and have lasted for over a year but once I wrecked and tore the ends out they're moving around on the bar. Good grip just easy to tear up. Would buy them again. Cheap and light.

Specialized grips, Lizard Skins Peatey logo & Peatey

[Feb 11, 2007]
Paul Dotsenko

Strength:

Cool channels to zip tie them to the bar.

Thin, the pattern on them is very fine and doesn't feel good to me.

Like others have said, these grips are thin and have a fine pattern on them. I have these on my trials bike and the pattern in one particular area on the right grip is completely worn out after just 3 months because of always using the rear brake, but this hasn't happened with other grips. I haven't used these on any trails so I can't compare them to other grips, but these don't have enough contact area for my liking and wear out fast (probably not a problem for non-trials). A cool feature on them is that you can zip tie them to the bar if yours are slipping - they have special channels that hide the zip tie. I wouldn't recommend these unless you get them for free.

Specialized Enduro, RF Good'n'Evil, Schwinn

[Sep 17, 2003]
Dredd

Strength:

Good grip

Too thin, as said below going downhill can be quite bone jarring, I've got pearl izumi non-gel's (gel sux imho)..doesn't bother me too bad.

Great grip but a little too thin....

Oury

[Jul 24, 2003]
Vincent

Strength:

Can feel the track

Hurts like crzy!

Woah, these things are probably the worst grips I've ever used. Gel gloves don't even minimize the shock and pain you get from these grips. Ridiculous, after every downhill I have to stop and massage my hands to get feeling back. Don't even try without gloves.

Don't bother w/ 'em.

Serfas, Oury

[Jun 29, 2004]
Ryan R

Strength:

Good grip in both wet and dry conditions, Easily cut down to SRAM length due to grooves for cutting. Stays put on the bars with out having to use solvents or glues. Stays tacky even when dirty.

TOO THIN! These things are a little nasty when the the trails gets really bumpy. Worst part is in a wreck they are easily destroyed since the bar plugs are super soft! They are also a very large hassle to get on since they wrap the bars so tight and are so soft that they mush while installing.

Grip performed very well till they died unexpectedly this weekend! Very grippy when wet or dry and it stays tacky even when it's dusty out. They don't move around on the bars but are tough to install sincethey are soft and a very tight fit. Too bad they are so thin I never had too many hand numbing experiences with them some but not too many, I grip the bars lightly! Still in a wreck recently I had the end plug burst on one and it rolled up all the way up to my SRAM X.0 Twist shifters! So now they are dead! I went back to my old trusty WTB dual Compounds so tough and very grippy! Not a grippy as these but comparable but at least they wont die easily. Great for grip bad for length of use, I am a big fan of WTB but they should redesign these into a Lock On grip so they last longer and make them a little thicker for less road vibrations. Do yourself a favor and go with the WTB Dual Compound grip or the ODI Rouge Lock On's PEACE!

WTB Weirwolf grips and dual compound grips, Specialized Durango and Dual compound, SRAM X.0 and shorties