SRAM Grip Ship Grip Grip

Grip Ship Grip

Sram Grip Ship Grip

FritzMan   Cross Country Rider [Nov 25, 2001]
Strength:

Durable

Thickness is nowhere near flush to the shorty shifter's

The problem is that the thickness of the grip does not match the thickness of the shifter body. I like to ride with part of my hand resting on the shifter (shorty) at all times. However, the supplied SRAM grips are too thin, and guarante sore hands due to the resulting pressure point on the shifter body. Ritchie rubber grips are thicker and provide a flush control surface.
This review is for the grips only, the shifters (9.0) themselves ROCK!!!

Similar Products Used: Ritchey
Rich Sanque   Cross Country Rider [Apr 22, 2003]
Strength:

Comfortably thin, no mushiness.

Slips when wet.

These grips are perfect for my hands. Thick, squishy grips seem to wear out my hands. These are just the right thinness. Sure, they slip in the rain, but with bar ends, I never worry that they'll slide off the bar. The only thing I think that comes close to the thin feel of these grips is the ODI Ruffian.

Similar Products Used: Slippery when NOT wet stock WTB and Bontrager grips
Rob   Cross Country Rider [Aug 23, 2000]
Strength:

Good grip without being velcro-aggressive.
Not too thick, not too thin.
Tough, wears well.
Works for my hands.

Um... none that I can find. Huh, might not fit your hands could be a legit gripe here, but they fit mine great.

They work for me and my hands, but really don't stand out in any other ways. Sort of medium-hard, medium thickness, middle of the road kind of product. Is this bad? NO!!! These are darned good grips. Use'em, but only if they suit you.

Similar Products Used: Pedro's Bobke grips, some gooby-feeling Bontrager grips, the rest I've tried have been total crap.
Tom   Weekend Warrior [Sep 09, 2005]
Strength:

Not too thin not too thick. Works weel with my hands. It is also very grippy and can take some rain and water.

These grips are absolutely breat. They are the best i've seen. they aren't too thin or too thick and works well for me. What concerns me though is that after long rides, my palms hurt. maybe it's because my handle bars are so wide.

Joe   Racer [Apr 17, 1999]
Strength:

+Thick (they probably don't wear out fast)
*Stick to the bar very well
+The pleasure of having yet another Sram logo on your bike

- Made my wrists very sore
- Somewhat hard

I put these on my bike when I bought some new shifters on my bike (Gripshifts rule compared to Shimano!!). I put these on for a while and I thought I would like them, but they made my wrists sore because they were so hard! I immediately went back to my favorite grips I have tried so far, the ones that came on my bike and say Pacific Usa. Sorry SRAM, you make good brakes, levers, shifters, and derailleurs but your grips need to be redesigned.I'll give them 2 flames, but give them a try, because grips are a personal thing and you might like them.