Specialized Body Geometry Grip Grip

Body Geometry Grip

• Our comfort grip which is medically designed by Dr. Minkow to relieve or eliminate pain and numbness caused by nerve compression in the wrist.
  • Ergonomically designed to decrease ulnar and median nerve pressure
  • Extra padding under ulnar nerve
  • Wider surface area disperses pressure
  • Locking mechanism holds grip in place
  • Contoured design maintains neutral hand position
  • Available in short lengths for Grip Shift applications.

• User Reviews (29)

Bubba from Valpo   Weekend Warrior [Jul 01, 2009]
    Strength:

Clamp doesn't. Hands still go numb.

This is the first negative review I have ever posted. The clamp screws both stripped when I tried to tighten them. I rode them any way and my hands still went numb.

Similar Products Used: Oury
    Colin Sim from Scotland   Weekend Warrior [Jun 25, 2008]
    Strength:

Far more comfortable than narrower grips

asymmetrical shape makes them rotate on the bars and slippy without gloves.

Although I continue to suffer from numb hands these grips are still far more comfortable that narrower ones. The larger diameter seems to fit the hand better without being too big to get a proper grip. They can be slippy if you're not wearing mitts or gloves but I always do. My pair have lasted over four years, still going strong and I'll buy another pair when they die. Loose a Chilli only because they tend to rotate around the bars and end up facing the wrong way!

Colin Roberts   [Jul 18, 2003]

No instructions - what angle should they be fitted on the bars? Where should the raised parts go (exactly under the finger joints or where) A quick print on the back of the carton wouldn't cost much but would help non "bikers" like me understand how they will best benefit me.

Looks to be a good product but would help if I could understand how to get the most benefit.

Alec   Weekend Warrior [Dec 08, 2001]
    Strength:

very comfy, ergonomic, not slippery

i love these grips: they give a real quality, precise feel for my large hands

great value, came with my bike, but i would buy these again and they are only 6 quid!

Mike   Cross Country Rider [May 06, 2003]
    Strength:

A very original design

Bigger grip diameter can hinder smaller riders.

I bought the 2003 models which are grey/white/black. Although they are a little big for me, I like them a lot. Provides a comfortable grip for all situations. Cool product.

Similar Products Used: Bob Roll's Prayer Sticks, Pearl/3M
    xcbikeman   Cross Country Rider [Sep 27, 2005]
    Strength:

works

no instructions (like they have for BG Avatar Gel Seat) which really sucks considering these are very specific ergonomic assitive devices. NOTE Specialized has, as of this writing, a Mountian Bike version of this grip not same as pictured or reviewed here. http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqSection.jsp?sid=05EquipGripsTape

as there were no instructions provided testing and research was required. I first webbed this string ... ulnar nerve "palm" ... then tested placement angle of the grips extruding 'BG' pad. This resulted in a specific personal placement of grip BG pad under the plam muscle ABDUCTOR DIGITI MINIMI (which the Specialized mntbike BG grips seem to favour). The protruding pad ended up (for me) angled not into the curvature of the palm (which seemed instinctual) but instead downwards slightly supporting the minimi abtuctor muscle. The grip works great but I wished some instructions would have saved me the testing, research and my wife's hairspray ;)

Similar Products Used: sram, bontranger, etc
    guy   Cross Country Rider [Nov 06, 2006]
    Strength:

Feels good when you first start riding.

Hands go completely numb after 45 minutes. They weigh a lot.

I didn't think about what type of grips I wanted until after I had used these for about six months. When I built up a new bike, I knew I had to get better grips. I thought the body geometry was meant to keep your hands from going numb. Alas, these grips are excellent at making your hands numb!

Similar Products Used: ODI Rogue.
    Tony   Weekend Warrior [Aug 08, 2002]
    Strength:

Very comfortable, prevents wrist pain in my previously injured wrist.

not much choice in color. Not the best grip but pretty good.

After riding with them for the past few months on my old bike I ordered a new set as soon as I bought a new bike. The standard grips on my new Rockhopper work fine but my wrist hurts after an hour or so. Padded gloves don't help as much as these do. If you have any wrist problems these may be the answer.