Specialized Body Geometry Grip Grip

Specialized Body Geometry Grip Grip

• Our comfort grip which is medically designed by Dr. Minkow to relieve or eliminate pain and numbness caused by nerve compression in the wrist.
  • Ergonomically designed to decrease ulnar and median nerve pressure
  • Extra padding under ulnar nerve
  • Wider surface area disperses pressure
  • Locking mechanism holds grip in place
  • Contoured design maintains neutral hand position
  • Available in short lengths for Grip Shift applications.

• USER REVIEWS

[Jul 01, 2009]
    Bubba from Valpo

Strength:

Clamp doesn't. Hands still go numb.

This is the first negative review I have ever posted. The clamp screws both stripped when I tried to tighten them. I rode them any way and my hands still went numb.

Oury

[Jun 25, 2008]
    Colin Sim from Scotland

Strength:

Far more comfortable than narrower grips

asymmetrical shape makes them rotate on the bars and slippy without gloves.

Although I continue to suffer from numb hands these grips are still far more comfortable that narrower ones. The larger diameter seems to fit the hand better without being too big to get a proper grip. They can be slippy if you're not wearing mitts or gloves but I always do. My pair have lasted over four years, still going strong and I'll buy another pair when they die. Loose a Chilli only because they tend to rotate around the bars and end up facing the wrong way!

[Jul 18, 2003]
    Colin Roberts

No instructions - what angle should they be fitted on the bars? Where should the raised parts go (exactly under the finger joints or where) A quick print on the back of the carton wouldn't cost much but would help non "bikers" like me understand how they will best benefit me.

Looks to be a good product but would help if I could understand how to get the most benefit.

[Dec 08, 2001]
    Alec

Strength:

very comfy, ergonomic, not slippery

i love these grips: they give a real quality, precise feel for my large hands

great value, came with my bike, but i would buy these again and they are only 6 quid!

[May 06, 2003]
    Mike

Strength:

A very original design

Bigger grip diameter can hinder smaller riders.

I bought the 2003 models which are grey/white/black. Although they are a little big for me, I like them a lot. Provides a comfortable grip for all situations. Cool product.

Bob Roll's Prayer Sticks, Pearl/3M

[Sep 27, 2005]
    xcbikeman

Strength:

works

no instructions (like they have for BG Avatar Gel Seat) which really sucks considering these are very specific ergonomic assitive devices. NOTE Specialized has, as of this writing, a Mountian Bike version of this grip not same as pictured or reviewed here. http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqSection.jsp?sid=05EquipGripsTape

as there were no instructions provided testing and research was required. I first webbed this string ... ulnar nerve "palm" ... then tested placement angle of the grips extruding 'BG' pad. This resulted in a specific personal placement of grip BG pad under the plam muscle ABDUCTOR DIGITI MINIMI (which the Specialized mntbike BG grips seem to favour). The protruding pad ended up (for me) angled not into the curvature of the palm (which seemed instinctual) but instead downwards slightly supporting the minimi abtuctor muscle. The grip works great but I wished some instructions would have saved me the testing, research and my wife's hairspray ;)

sram, bontranger, etc

[Nov 06, 2006]
    guy

Strength:

Feels good when you first start riding.

Hands go completely numb after 45 minutes. They weigh a lot.

I didn't think about what type of grips I wanted until after I had used these for about six months. When I built up a new bike, I knew I had to get better grips. I thought the body geometry was meant to keep your hands from going numb. Alas, these grips are excellent at making your hands numb!

ODI Rogue.

[Aug 08, 2002]
    Tony

Strength:

Very comfortable, prevents wrist pain in my previously injured wrist.

not much choice in color. Not the best grip but pretty good.

After riding with them for the past few months on my old bike I ordered a new set as soon as I bought a new bike. The standard grips on my new Rockhopper work fine but my wrist hurts after an hour or so. Padded gloves don't help as much as these do. If you have any wrist problems these may be the answer.

Stock sram grips

[Sep 03, 2001]
    Dag

Strength:

Good feel
    No numbness of hands or sore wrists when well positioned

Move a lot. Simply won't stay in place even with hairspray

Good in theory. They just don't stay in place. My bro has the same grips with the same problem. Great concept if they used some type of locking system. Too bad, because they realy are great when on right.

Those with the bike

[Mar 18, 2002]
    Mike

Strength:

Very comfortable, no more numb hads and better control.
    No problem with them sliding on the bars after I put them on.
    Go get a pair.