Salsa Cycles Juegos de Fuego Grips Grip

Juegos de Fuego Grips

Salsa Juegos de Fuego 2-Ply GripsThe Juegos dual-ply construction and asymmetrically bulged shape enhance comfort and control.The raised pepper surface is muy moto, and it feels goodToo. Includes a set of Fire-Plugs bar plugs Soft peppers add cushTo outside Core material grips bar securely

ibc   Cross Country Rider [Oct 05, 2009]
Strength:

Using the lock-on version. Last grips you need. As the grips age, your sweat seems to slowly break them down, making them even stickier. They usually last for about 2-3 seasons.

Yes, when your hands sweat, your grips will become slippery. This is why we wear gloves. If your gloves are slipping off these grips, your gloves suck, not these grips. Seriously, if you are sweating so badly that you can't hold on to these sticky grips because of a sweating problem, I don't think any brand of grip is going to help you. You may just need to lash your wrists to the bars with a leather thong.

These are the ones you want. Unless you're a sweaty-ass, slippery-glove-wearing, single-speed outlaw.

Similar Products Used: Only grips I've used that have stood out enough to remember
Art Vandeley   Weekend Warrior [May 16, 2009]
Strength:

nice texture for good gripping, not too soft. peppers look cool.

slick when sweat gets to them but with gloves not really a problem.

Great grip for the money. Just soft enough for comfort but still provides great control when you need to hand on for dear life. installed with isopropyl alcohol specifically used for IV dressings and these babies are not coming off. Would buy these again for sure.

Similar Products Used: specialized enduro
Plats   Weekend Warrior [Aug 09, 2008]
Strength:

sticky, reduced numbness

can get slippery with extreme sweat, but all seem to do that

Why re-invent the wheel, did several different kinds this season, guess what? I came full circle back to the Juegos, guess they were the best all along.

Similar Products Used: tried maybe 6 kinds other that this
Shabba Itsawhirla   Racer [Feb 13, 2003]
Strength:

The grippy. Dual Texture. Bump to grasp. Match bar plug. Wet OK. Fast attach to bar. Use the hand with hold. Make not tired hands. Sell color for me to look. Never with the twirling. Always with the having hold. Flange has presence. Having the hold.

Never find weak. Maybe remove hard. Crash can break brakes. Make having to cut item from bar what the removal. Then get more item for bar holding.

Happy when use. Work hard for without the being mad. The good understand.

Similar Products Used: Other ones. Now these are good.
Waldo   Downhiller [Feb 13, 2003]
Strength:

Grip is the perfect size and shape for my hands! The slight bulge in the center conforms to the shape of your hands well. The raised peppers have grip, tackiness and provide comfort against vibration. The bar end caps are soft and fit the ends of your bars easy. They don't budge once their on. Reasonably priced. Nice colors available. Sharp-looking.

I wish they would last longer but they do last longer than most grips. They will wear out more if you ride w/ them wet. Otherwise they will last 6-7 months w/ everyday hard riding. Hard to get off once their on.

Get them if you have smaller to medium size hands and want comfort. I got them b/c Oury's and Odi Rouge were too thick for my hands. Good for freeride and XC. I highly recommend them! They are almost Perfect and I haven't found a better grip so I must give them 5's all-around!

Similar Products Used: WTB, Oury, ControlTech, Titec, GT, Odi
Geoff   [Oct 29, 2003]
Strength:

Really soft, easy to grip and dont move on the bars

Solid grip all round. Havent used anything better. In 24hour races my hands used to get mad blisters even with gloves on but not with these ones!

Similar Products Used: Serfas, Haro
Megan   [Feb 19, 2003]
Strength:

Look mad cool, grippy, feel good on most of the hand, absorb vibes well

hurts the heel of my hand, a little slippery when wet

Since I'm a big dork (and a big poser) I've got a superman color scheme going on (red, yellow, blue). The grips look mad cool on my bike. I did the look and the feel of the little chili peppers. Like the plugs. My fingers and palms really like these grips. The heels of my hands hurt like none other when riding them though. Even with gloves. Never happened with my ODIs. Overall, I like 'em though.

Similar Products Used: ODI assault- ah, my nishiki cascade and the early '90s
Rocko   Cross Country Rider [Aug 09, 2006]
Strength:

Soft and comfortable
Good grip when dry
Hold well on the bar

Sweat makes 'em slippery as heck
Plugs fit loosely in bars

My first impression of these grips was pretty positive. They didn't twist at all once installed on the bars, and they felt pretty comfortable. The raised soft rubber peppers and ergonomic shape are nice.

Unfortunately, when my hands start to sweat the grips become completely worthless. They're slippery when wet, even with gloves on. It might not be as much of a problem on my geared bike, but when I'm mashing up a hill on my single speed, I need all the leverage on the bars that I can get. My hands slipping off of the bars makes this very difficult.

Hot, humid days and these gloves don't mix, so two chiles overall. Two chiles for value, because it was $10 flushed down the drain.