Portland Design Works Speed Metal Grip

The Portland Design Works Speed MetalGrips are a nice break from the omnipresent, bland rubber grips populating thestreets. A unique, anodized groove treats the thumb and index finger to a directconnection for excellent control, while the vibration-dampening rubber portionfeatures a knurled surface for enhanced grip. The grips lock-on the bars toprevent slip, and there's eight colors available; Green, Gold, Chrome, Pink,Red, Blue, White, and Black to match any pony.

sprocket47   Weekend Warrior [Nov 19, 2012]
Strength:

Function and bling

Cold without gloves

The design of these grips is outstanding. The groove fits my thumb nicely and the index finger is always on the brake lever. The rest of the grip is a nice balance of grip and minimal squish. I really like these grips and they look great too! The only down side is that hoping on the bike in the dark morning without gloves, the metal makes for a cold ride.

Similar Products Used: Yeti grips
OVERALL
THEDIRT40   Weekend Warrior [Sep 26, 2012]
Strength:

Light weight, great feel, nice grip, quality

none so far

I bought these PDW grips at my lbs as a impulse buy while picking up my bike from service. I originally only bought them due to being on sale for 1/2 the normal cost and figured I would install them on my old beater bike. I went ahead and put them on the new ride instead and I'm glad I did. My hands stopped getting fatigued during or after each ride, unlike the soft grips I have used previously. The grips size fit my hands great and allow for 1 finger breaking with ease. I'm very pleased with the outcome and they will stay on the bike for the long haul. I am also buying another set for my old bike as well. These things rock!!