Pedros Bobke Prayer Sticks Grips Grip

Pedros Bobke Prayer Sticks Grips Grip

Pedro's Bobke Prayer Sticks Grips

[Jul 08, 2003]
XC Ryder

Strength:

Cheap !! Soft and good grip.

Cheap !! To thin and to short.

Cheap!! I'm 5'10'' and my hand completely covers the grip. They are very thin. Feels like your holding onto the bare bar. Much prefer the ODI lock on. They are longer and thicker, offering much more to put your hand on. The Pedros are ok if you have small hands and don't ride very hard. If your race oriented I would look for something like the ODI offering a more substancial grip.

ODI lock on Grips

[Apr 04, 2004]
darkmatter

Strength:

soft

They started falling apart within 2 weeks! Terrible grips! Don't waste your cash!

Don't listen to any other reviews. These things are trash! I can't believe that any half way serious mountain biker would give these things a good rating. They must all be Pedros employees or something. These things fell apart so fast it was ridiculous.

[Aug 10, 2001]
John

Strength:

Cool looking, great grip

I love these grips. The grips that came with my bike were squishy and did not stay in place. These Pedro's grips are rock solid and provide maximum grip. Plus they are cool.

WTB Grips

[Mar 13, 1998]
John Thomas
cross-country rider

Got these grips yesterday to replace the ones that I cut short for Gripshifts (now I have rapidfire). I have medium-sized hands and was debating whether to go with these or Ourys. The bike shop that I went to had these, and I'm glad. Thin grips give you such a more connected feel to the bike. Control instantly feels better. As for vibration dampening - I have a Marzocchi. Enough said.

[Jul 18, 1997]
Evan Kingsley
cross-country rider

These grips are INSANE! I didn't use gloves for a while and these practically stuck to my hands. I know some people like thick grips and if you do, you probably don't want these. But if you like your grips on the thin side, then buy these grips.

[Oct 20, 1997]
Brad Trent
cross-country rider

It's hard to get REALLY excited about grips, but these things are damn nice...They seem thin but I've had 'em for three months and they hold up!Hey, they're grips! But they're light, the work great and they're recycled...It also doesn't hurt that I got mine for $2.00 from a bike shop in Great Barrington, MA that posted on the Marketplace...I think he has a truckload of them...Check the Marketplace Archives...I can't remember the name of the place but you cab find hime by doing a Find for either Pedro's or grips...

[Oct 30, 2000]
Calvin

Strength:

Soft and look pretty cool.

Too thin and not wide enough.

I like the way the grips looked and they were cheap so I picked them up from my LBS. I am now suprised to see so many positive reviews about these grips. If you have small hands and like thin grips than they may work for you. I'm an average sized guy (5'10" & 160 lbs) but the grips are way too small. I had to move my rapid shifters over about half an inch so I could shift. They feel ok but I like grips that leave a little more room. I had a set of Moabs on my last bike and plan to go back to them.

Lizard Skin Moab (I will go back to these), stock junk

[Aug 01, 2000]
Pablo

Strength:

Bob Roll's prayer, made from recycled materials.

Wore out very fast - will end up in the recycling bin soon!

After only about 3 months, these grips are more worn out than the 8-year-old ODI grips that they replaced! They've got good reviews before, so maybe I got a bad pair, but come on, three months? One flamer for value, cuz I can't give any less, and one for overall, same reason. I will burn more gas driving to the bike shop to get another pair of grips (not to mention the effect of the hairspray on the ozone layer from that second installation job!) than Pedros saved by making a grip out of old tires.

ODI grips

[May 14, 2004]
Dan

Strength:

I've had one pair for several years of hard use and they're still grippy and thin. I'm surprised at the "wearing out" comments below: who knows? Poor installation? Bad rubber batch? Mine are good :)

If you prefer a thin, sticky grip you should like these. I love 'em.

[Oct 31, 1999]
Liquid Man

Strength:

Sticky
Don't Slip
Look Cool!

None Yet

Guaranteed not to slip when you are using these puppies! They hold so good that they actually leave impressions in my hand after a ride! And besides the fact that they work great, they look great too with their knobby design and the psycho biker head logo!

Mongoose