Ergon GX2 Magnesium Grip

GX2 Magnesium

Superlight racing grips with slimmer wing than on the GP and GR series. Integrated full carbon fiber multiposition bar end, 1-bolt bar attachment Medium wide, ergonomic grip shape prevents numbness and fatigue by supporting more of the palm and reducing pressure on the ulnar nerve. Unisex grips, one size fits all.

NC2WA   Racer [Nov 30, 2009]
Strength:

The grips provide a very usable platform on which to rest ones hands. The bar ends are also extremely nicely designed, I use them on climbs, out of the saddle, or when getting under the wind.

They're rather expensive, but half as much as the carbon version! One could complain about weight (220 g).

They fit me like a glove! The grips allow you to feel like you are in the bike rather than holding on to it. I have used regular round grips for years but these are worth the extra weight and expense. I bought a new bike that came with standard grips and I've ridden it a few times, I immediately felt the wrist and hands getting tired and I missed the bar ends to grab during climbs and just for a change of position. I have ordered another pair of Ergons for the new bike also!

I use the bar ends constantly. Wonderful shape allows many different and comfortable hand positions. I think of it like a road drop bar for my mountain bike:

They might not be for the weight-weenie, but to me the added control and improved steering is worth it. The weight savings for going to carbon seems negligible: 220 g vs. 185 g. Plus I dont trust carbon for a bar end, they take too much abuse!

Similar Products Used: regular grips, lizard skins, etc.
steelbike   Cross Country Rider [Jul 10, 2009]
Strength:

Once set-up the grip is very comfortable for riding 3+ hours.

The bar-end doesn't work for me. I have medium hands and it the top curve of the bar-end sticks into the palm.

As I really like the grip portion of the GX-2, I replaced them with the GX-1 as the bar ends did not work at all for me

Similar Products Used: Cane Creek bar ends with Oury grips
stepenliem   Cross Country Rider [Jun 05, 2009]
Strength:

Looks good, the extra area in the grip is great because you can rest your palm in there.

pricy

Excellent product, I really like the extra "lip" where you can rest your palm in. It does make a big difference in a long ride. Beware: go with Large size, the Small size is way too small. The large size is the same size as other normal grip out there. I made the mistake of ordering the Small size, and it is way too small for normal hand.

mtnbikingjoo   Weekend Warrior [Oct 08, 2008]
Strength:

Great Comfort, ideal bar end size and shape...ERGON is good with customer support...worth the $$

Rare flash between the two clamping points on my right bar end, this made it impossible to clamp securely. Ergon is great...due to this inability to clamp, the bolt was stripped as well...Ergon sent me replacement parts free of charge and were very helpful and intuitive over the phone with me and LBS crew trying to resolve the said issues...

I have f#$%ed my wrists completely...both have broken, dislocated bones and torn and ripped cartilage and tendons. These grips help with comfort and efficiency immensely! Plus their really light weight considering what it adds...won't ride with any other style grip...worth investing in for comfort and functionality.

flandeez   Cross Country Rider [Jun 22, 2008]
Strength:

Nice product right down to the packaging. Good instructions.

Price.

Got these at cost from the shop I work at. They are nice but not $110 nice. Was hoping to alleviate the numbness in my right hand but still no dice. Looks badass and barends are just the right size and shape. Nice texture on the grips and underside also. Recommended torque was 7nm but max on my FSA K-Force bar was 3.9nm, I put them at 5nm and they don't budge.