Ergon GP1 Leichtbau Grip

GP1 Leichtbau

Ergon GC-3 Grips introduce a hollow formed glass fiber reinforced ergonomically shaped bar end. Featuring rubberized inserts for positive grip, like all of Ergons bar ends it can be independently positioned relativeToThe grip and acts asThe clamp preventing accidental rotation.

Varaxis   Weekend Warrior [Jun 13, 2011]
Strength:

Comfy ergo design. Rad color

Slips on handlebar. Expensive

Avoid buying this version. This has a plastic clamp that will not lock onto your bars well at all. You will hate these grips. Look for the aluminum clamp versions.

Another thing to note is that it also gives me callouses when climbing, since I sort of "death grip" and pull back on the bars by habit when climbing technical steeps.

Similar Products Used: ODI Ruffian (too thinnly padded), Ergon GX-1 (works great, but GP-1 fit my hand better and was more comfy)
shekiyan   Weekend Warrior [Oct 18, 2010]
Strength:

Comfortable and neutral grip

Does not lock-on well to handlebar

Very comfortable and excellent for riding long hours. I've been using conventional grips before and noticed sometimes I grip too hard. The shape of this grip naturally allow my hands to relax. So good, I bought another pair for my new bike. A little pricey compared to most other similar grips in the market. Do note that this grip is only suitable for XC type rides - not recommended for All Mountain or DH.

Similar Products Used: Specialized BG Contour
BIGfatED   Cross Country Rider [Oct 28, 2009]
Strength:

the grip has a well built design with a single pinch clamp to secure the grip to the bar. Multiple hand positions can be used for climbing, decending and technical trail. I noticed the grips the most on long climbs (5-14 miles). I am able to keep my hands relaxed, which in turn keep my arms and shoulders more relaxed.

weight. They are heavy grips.

These are great grips for long days in the saddle. They are not race lite, but comfort comes at a price sometimes. The grips take some getting use to, but once you find the sweet spot it's just fits.

Note: make sure you install and adjust the girps as directed by Ergon. The proper installation is essential to the fit of the grip.

I took away one flamin' chili only because no grips should cost >$20.

Happy trails.

Similar Products Used: No other ergonomic grips, but plenty of others. Original OURY grips, lock-on Oury, ESI Chunky grips