Ergon GC2 Grip

GC2

Ergon Performance Grips feature an easily adjustable angle of support. Optimal pressure distribution onThe palm prevents soreness and numbness Angle of support is easily adjustable Womens models are great for anybody with small hands Item Specifications Color Black/Gray Unit of Sale Pair Length 125 mm

Rubber Duck   Weekend Warrior [May 29, 2012]
Strength:

They're much more comfortable than regular grips. The horns on the end are great on climbs.

Those same aforementioned horns can get caught on things if you're not careful.

I just couldn't find a way to keep my hands from going numb on rides more than a hour long until I got these. Well worth the money.

JC   [Apr 15, 2012]
Strength:

Love that they distribute the pressure, my regular grips caused a pressure point.

THIS IS BIG ... The ends on the bars act as HOOKS!! Guys, we're mountain biking... bush, trees and the like... Is it really smart to put hooks on the ends of your bars to catch whatever you're not able to dodge? In my case it was a terrible idea... came flying around a corner and hooked a one inch thick tree which flicked me about 6 feet off the bike.

DO NOT GET WITH THE END HOOKS!! These things should be banned. Get the GP-1 or GX-1

Pedlinround   Cross Country Rider [Jun 10, 2011]
Strength:

I have cervical disk injuries and been the ringer on grips. I am soooooo happy I found this grip because it does not exacerbate the numbness in my left hand nor nerve pinching in my neck. I'm able to ride much longer and more aggressively. The trails are very technical and whether I'm climbing or descending they are superb!

I can't honestly say "weight" because I could have bought the carbon version!

Great grip for all conditions especially long technical descents. I feel like the wider redistribution of pressure on the grips enables me to use my upper body much more fluidly.

Similar Products Used: Too many!
Spastook   Weekend Warrior [Sep 23, 2010]
Strength:

Increases palm contact area by 200%. After a 2 hour ride hands feel much better. Fingers no longer cramped up. Feel like I have more control over bike.

They are a bit heavy but well worth the tradeoff.

I may try these on my other 2 bikes. They work especially well on my singlespeed and with only one gear the bar ends come in handy from time to time as well.

Similar Products Used: Every grip known to man over the past 25 years.
o2binbuzios   Cross Country Rider [Jun 01, 2010]
Strength:

Easy to mount, Easy to adjust, wrist and hand relief

it has to be right, positions your hands in one spot

I am signed up for a 100 mile race next month and I was more worried about hand & wrist pain than I am about my legs so I decided to try these. I'm 40+, so I need to take care of the bones.

I've got about 50 miles on these so far and I think they are winners... but it took a little skootching around to get them right. My first ride I was cramped with the shifters too close to the grips and the angle was not quite right.

Once I moved the shifters inboard from the brakes and tweaked the angle a little bit they worked great and I did a 4 hour ride with them and no numbness. The outboard barends are a nice break on fire roads or pavement.

I'm holding back 1 chili because they're heavy.

Similar Products Used: lots of foam & rubber grips, ODI, ESI..
Timur_j   Cross Country Rider [Sep 28, 2009]
Strength:

Big pad provides shock adsorbing, bar-ends protect arms and handlebar, easy to install/remove.

Heavy, pricey, slippery, not for technical riding.

Good for touring, but not for tech riding-racong.

Similar Products Used: ODI
kchap525   Weekend Warrior [Sep 13, 2009]
Strength:

Great grip for small hands. The bar ends allow multiple hand positions.

Designed for SMALL hands

Because I have large hands the bar ends kept digging into the sides of my hands causing pain and numbness. I would have to move my hands to far toward the center to get away from the bar ends. Eventually I had to turn the bar ends down finding the grips comfortable and the pain and numbness stopped. I will be replacing these grips.

Similar Products Used: Specialized BG Comfort grip
cesalec   Weekend Warrior [Aug 31, 2009]
Strength:

they don’t slip, the little horns are the exact size for my hardtail. They look comfortable.

uncomfortable as hell

I decided to give this grips a go since my original grips were done. I though they would be much more comfortable and since Ergon is a very well known and respected brand I though I couldn’t go wrong. Well I did…. I have been riding for 3 days in a row with them, they are, uncomfortable! I’ve tried several positions and to o avail by the end of the day my wrist, fingers and forearms feel sore as never before.

I cant explain why…the feel and look comfortable, but for me they simply hurt.
I already ordered a pair of Ergon GA1 and I’ll switch the horns to them, the GC2 are simply not for my precious hands.

choiberg   Cross Country Rider [Jul 30, 2009]
Strength:

Excellent hand support, comfortable, no more sore hands after rides

N/A

WORK AS ADVERTISED

The hand support and position they put your hand in is excellent, the bar ends are adjustable and are just long enough. They don't stick out that far, just a tad bit farther than my hands do on the bars. Gives you more hand positions while riding.

One other benefit I did not hear anyone mention which I noticed immediately is that they give your hands some protection from the side when riding, they almost give you the feeling they are holding your hands in the bars they way they curve in.

I ordered these based on others reviews as I could not find these in town at my LBS. Glad I made the purchase.

greg   Cross Country Rider [May 06, 2009]

pricey not a fixall

bought these grips after reading the reviews on mtbr,I have moderate carpal tunnel and hand numbness is a problem after about 15 minutes of riding. It took a few tries to get a good position and they were comfy at first but then the numbness returned. Not good for technical riding, the shape makes it hard to change hand positions and make gear shifts. I can't say the grips are bad, but for me they were no miracle cure just an expensive mistake