Bontrager Ergo Grip

Ergo

• New ergonomic design: small diameter at inboard flange enables better access to controls; built up at palm and heel of hand for comfort
  • Dual compound molding makes super soft grip surface possible

• User Reviews (12)

Bruce Brown   Cross Country Rider [Sep 04, 2003]
    Strength:

Very comfortable, tacky grip that feels good in your hand. I also like the fact that this grip is a tad longer than many others available. Good for those of us with big hands and the "ergo" portion of the middle of the grip helps fill that spot in the palm up.

None that I have detected in the past 18 months.

My 2002 Trek 8000 came with these grips and they are still going strong 19 months later. I just bought a new pair of the Bontrager Ergo grips to replace a pair of worn out Serfas on my Trek 820. My local LBS had some in stock (albeit with bar plugs rather than the full rubber grip like on my 8000) and when compared to everything else they had - these just still felt the best to buy.

Similar Products Used: Serfas, SRAM grips, Specialized, Blackwall and a few others.
    John   Weekend Warrior [Feb 12, 2007]
    Strength:

Erogonomic design, soft compound, great cushioning & a funky new texture/pattern.

Hard to clean when you get sand in/on them, wears slower then stock 1996 GT Ricochet grips but faster then Yeti soft grips. Takes up a lot of real estate on your handlebars.

A good grip that came stock on my 2001 Trek Fuel 90 Disk. A bit of a pain to clean sand out of all the little nooks and crannies. They took up too much space on my handlebar as I also mounted an Air Zound II air horn, Planet Bike Protege 9.0 cyclocomputer and a BLT Metrino 15 night light system.
    Bottom Line: I hated to cut these off my handelbars when I put Yeti soft grips on as they still had life left in them.

Similar Products Used: Stock GT grips on my 1996 GT Ricochet & Yeti soft grips.
    Owen Bannister   Weekend Warrior [Jan 09, 2007]
    Strength:

Fills palm nicely, very comfortable

None yet

Very comfortable grip.
    That's it. What more do you want?
    They fill the gap in your palm that flat grips don't.
    Get them.

Similar Products Used: Specialized Enduro
    Sprocketeer   Cross Country Rider [Feb 11, 2003]
    Strength:

They're good grips in every way grips might be described.

Much better than any other grips I've ever used.

I've always had problems with grips. You name it, from pain to a bad hold to just plain wearing out in no time.

These are undoubtably the best grips I've ever used.

Similar Products Used: I've used a lot of grips. At one point I was pretty much going through grips at about a pair every 2 or 3 months.
    Mossy   Cross Country Rider [Jan 14, 2002]
    Strength:

small diameter, light, ergo design very comfy

soft rubber, pattern wears quickly

A nice smaller-diameter grip. Ive since gone to thicker (Oury) grips, but I find these are a nice alternative when I want a change.. The ergo bulge in the middle is quite comfy and the pattern is grippy, though it does wear out quickly..Overall, good stuff from KB, as usual

Similar Products Used: Oury
    Adam Z   Weekend Warrior [Nov 07, 2006]
    Strength:

So comfortable and absorbs a little vibration

When I wear my Fox gloves they feel better then when I wear my Novara's. Just the fit of the glove mostly.

Buy these if you ride bare-handed. They are so comfortable. If you don't ride bare-handed buy these and you won't need gloves.

Similar Products Used: Stock Iron Horse grips
    TimmyK   Cross Country Rider [Sep 13, 2002]
    Strength:

As others have said, very comfortable.

Wears fast but still grip well.

Though these may wear fast, they remain very grippy and comfortable. I have a new set waiting to go on, but the old ones just keep holding up. The only real reason to change em now, is because they look so ratty. Work very well with a lightly padded glove (see TLD XC gloves-5 flames).

Similar Products Used: SRAM grips
    eman   Downhiller [Jul 30, 2003]
    Strength:

comfortable

when i was putting them on i used water, and it seems the grips won't work well in the rain without gloves

These are nice grips, it has that budge in the middle for your palm, and and seems like it will be comfortable over long rides.

Similar Products Used: stock grips on trek 820, they wore out after around 1300miles. they wore out at more like 800, but i kept using them
    Alex   Cross Country Rider [Mar 28, 2002]
    Strength:

comfy, soft

wear fast

Great grip that is real grippy and comfortable.

jw   Weekend Warrior [May 14, 2004]
    Strength:

easy instillation, nice looking

dont even thinking about riding with these in wet conditions. any think longer than a 20 minute ride and you can expect to be scrubbing the black off your hands. I have only been using them for around 3 months and they are wherin out very fast loosing there grip.

I bought these grips after reading the wonderfull reviews on www.mtbr.com man where they wrong stay away from bontrager grips You can get more grip for your money elsewhere.