Bontrager Big Earl Lock-On Grip

• Aggressive texture
  • Material: Dual Compound
  • Bontrager patented Lock-On system

Uncle Jemima   Weekend Warrior [Nov 17, 2010]
Strength:

Tight and comfortable.

...they eventually will succumb to the laws of physics and nature and wear... I dunno, how am I supposed to answer this one?

'Big Earl' grips are the best had. Any new bike will have these find a proper place. Awesome.

Similar Products Used: ODI Ruffian and ODI Ruffian Wet.
pipelayer671   Cross Country Rider [Aug 18, 2009]
Strength:

Great Lock-on interface for carbon bars

Zero padding, Special tool needed to put them on and they only give you one, seems like it would be easier to tighten if they gave you two

These grips look good, are light, and lock on tight. The more I ride them the less I like them though. As I mentioned there is zero padding, and if thats what your into these grips are definitely for you. They do give you a good feel but I guess the older I get I feel like I need a little more padding.

Similar Products Used: Stock Bontrager grips, other crap big box store grips
Dan   Downhiller [Apr 05, 2007]
Strength:

This product is a very good design, especially for those who use carbon bars. If anyone has used ODI grips, there downfall is the very small screws on the clamps, which are notorious for breaking. This does away with that issue. And it even comes with a wrench (that has a torque wrench attachment). They are quite slim, which helps reduce arm pump, and fatigue when braking.

The only issue I've noticed is that the grips could be a bit wider, maybe even a centimeter or less.

A new standard in lock on grips...good deal too. One off for the narrow portion (even though they are no narrower than others, it may just be the clamps that get in the way a bit