ATi John Tomac slim line Grip

John Tomac slim line

ATI John Tomac slim line

danK   Cross-Country Rider [Aug 04, 1999]
Strength:

light
comfy*

wear a bit faster than my oury's

light and comfy if used on my atom bomb or z2bam; not that comfy if stuck on my sxcarbon.
At $7 they are cheap too.
Wear a tad faster than my old thick Oury's (excellent but heavy and not necessary on my current ride) but they provide everything my hands need.

Similar Products Used: all
Dave   [Apr 14, 2000]
Strength:

Thin, light and they stay out of the way.

You gotta have a soft fork or comfy gloves.

Here's my theory: grips are like saddles, nothing is going to be truly comfortable, so pad your body parts and/or set up your suspension soft - and just go with the lightest, most simple saddle/grip. You gotta wear padded short and gloves regardless (unless you're an idiot), so why not wear comfy ones and keep the bike light so you can throw it around under you? And if you're wearing gloves with any decent amount of padding, then you're going to want your grips nice and thin, so you don't feel like you're griping a salami. The exception are guys with big, long, Neanderthal hands.

Similar Products Used: Pedros, Ritchey, misc.
Jeff Savage   Racer [Dec 03, 1999]
Strength:

Super light
Sticky like flypaper

Not cushy enough for sissy riders (that's a joke, don't get all PC)

I first tried these over 2 years ago, after never being able to find that right grip. I was first attracted by the weight... these things are like 35g for a pair! So I slapped 'em on, and since then these are the only grips I will use. Very sticky, won't slip, and light as a feather. I love 'em. Those of you who like big cushy grips like Oury's will hate them though. But if you want to save a few ounces on your bike with no penalties, then try a pair.

Similar Products Used: OEM crap
Oury
Pedro's
Mikko Mellin   Weekend Warrior [Jul 28, 1999]
Strength:

You name it!

hmmmmm...None!

Slim,light weight(48g)Good grip kind a like sticky feel.With good pair of gloves these are really trick grips,makes me feel like Hans Ray!
These can also be used without gloves,without that your hands skin gets tough.

Similar Products Used: Onza,Answer,Sachs,Gripshift...
Specialist a freerider and   Downhiller [Jul 30, 1999]
Strength:

Super Gripy
With gloves you'll never let go

Were kind of fast. But for $10 who cares

If thin grips are your bag, these grips are the best out there. I like using them without gloves, but if your hands get sweaty you'll slip. With gloves there are never any worries.